Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 07:22 AM

Default Re: Do you stack off with AA here?

The time to raise was the flop. Raising on the turn is building a huge pot on a card that doesnt really help your hand.
I definitely do not stack off here, but I would of called the smaller river bet had I not raised the turn. When you raised the turn, im going to assume the SB was value betting so you couldnt check behind.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:07 AM

i like the flop just call, this board is reallly drawy, if your going to put in a raise on the turn then it needs to be bigger, if theyre drawing thyere gonna call that raise so this raise really only accomplishes putting you in a really akward spot on the river. The turn is a great card and i like a raise, i just think it needs to be more.

gotta fold river.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:03 PM

No slow down on flop.... bet pot, then be gone.

FWIW, I really don't look for stacks here. Cheap showdowns....tho I'm lookin' for an ace on the turn LOL
Old 07-22-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like the flop just call, this board is reallly drawy

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason why I raise the flop. Care to explain your logic, as I raise this 100% on drawy boards?
Old 07-22-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason why I raise the flop. Care to explain your logic, as I raise this 100% on drawy boards?

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat me to it... this logic is horrible. There's lots of draws so you want to let them in cheap?
Old 07-22-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat me to it... this logic is horrible. There's lots of draws so you want to let them in cheap?

[/ QUOTE ]

My logic behind smooth calling the flop is to slow the action down. I don't do this all the time but I will once in a while on dangerous boards. Obviously I am dumping the hand if a straight/flush card comes on the turn but I didn't want one of these guys shoving a draw and getting me to fold the best hand. Sometimes I feel more confident putting the raise in on the turn against draws with only one card to come. In hindsight, I probably should have put in a huge raise on this flop and found out right away where I stand. BTW, do you shove the turn if you raise this flop ? Thanks for the feeback guys.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would make a big raise on the flop. Yes it would suck if one of them shoved a draw and got you to fold the best hand, but the more likely scenario is that you let them catch their draw for cheap. As played it's an easy river fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If i raise flop and get shoved at I'm not folding on this board. Is this a big leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like that play which is why I didn't raise here. This board is extremely dangerous and sets could definitely be in play. The problem when I raise and they push is I don't know if they are shoving a draw or a set and we are not in great shape even if they have a draw. We are like 53% to win vs a pair and a straight draw and a dog to diamonds + straight draw.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:49 PM

its been said a ton but still not enough why are we giving a cheap turn to 2 people on this flop?
with this board and your hand I would rather just give up and fold the flop than flat call the raise.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:12 PM

Your bets are far too small flop and turn. I'd say $25 on flop as it got to you, and barring that, at least $40 on turn.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:22 PM

Raise flop 100%.