Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help

Old 04-23-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Computer for Poker Multitablling

I am wanting to buy a desktop computer to multi table poker on. I use a laptop with an additional display at the moment but want to buy a desktop computer that i can plug two monitors in to. I was thinking of a Dell Dimension E521 , AMD 64x2 5000+, 2048mb RAM, 320mb HD . Would his be adequate for multitabling with PT, PAHUD etc while playing music etc? Or would it be better to upgrade the processor , memory etc. Also would i be able to plus 2 monitors in to the graphics card supplied or buy another graphics card. Any help is greatly appreciated along with any other suggestions of systems if im totaly on the wrong track.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-25-2007, 06:30 AM

Default Re: Computer for Poker Multitablling

i run the x2 4200 with 2g ram 3.0sata HD 7600gs and have no issues running 8 tables wmp itunes

I dont data mine and run huds much anymore however. But when i first put it together i opened up 6 diff poker software with about 40-60 tables and civ4 and it all ran with out issues on the 2 moniters at 1600x1200.

Poker tracker can be an insaine hog though but i dont use it much anymore so cant help ya.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:41 PM

I have a 2.8 ghz, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HD, GeForce 4 MX comp and I multi-table 8 tables pretty well.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am wanting to buy a desktop computer to multi table poker on. I use a laptop with an additional display at the moment but want to buy a desktop computer that i can plug two monitors in to. I was thinking of a Dell Dimension E521 , AMD 64x2 5000+, 2048mb RAM, 320mb HD . Would his be adequate for multitabling with PT, PAHUD etc while playing music etc? Or would it be better to upgrade the processor , memory etc. Also would i be able to plus 2 monitors in to the graphics card supplied or buy another graphics card. Any help is greatly appreciated along with any other suggestions of systems if im totaly on the wrong track.

Thanks in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the Dell E521 but with just 1gb ram, and it seems fine with 8 tables pa hud etc, the 2gb is just an investment for the future imo