Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: First 1000 hands

[ QUOTE ]
Now I'm at 23/15 or so, which is a bit looser, but still reasonable for the stakes I'm playing

[/ QUOTE ]

Fret, you play 23/15 full ring?
Old 04-21-2007, 09:55 PM

i'm guessing he means 6max
Old 04-21-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm guessing he means 6max

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, makes more sense. Though now I think he could loosen up a touch and raise more hands pf [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play like S&K teach in SSHE

[/ QUOTE ]
Who's "K"?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:28 PM

Hey Sparky,

As some have said its a fairly small sample (for example no matter how good or bad you play you will likely find a way to win money with KK and QQ longterm, but perhaps not as much as you should) so that's just a measure of sample size that you are losing with those hands.

You should work a bit on your preflop play, and find some spots to raise a bit more preflop. Late position with big suited connectors and any position with broadway suited cards for example are easy preflop raises in those games.

This is to everyone else in this thread: you guys are tough on new people here, wow. I don't read this forum as much as I used to but is everyone so jaded to new players that they just say "read the damn FAQ and stop asking questions noob!", I mean, this is the second thread I've seen today where someone is coming in with a willingness to learn and asking questions and basically getting told "you shouldn't post like this". It's tough for people here just starting out, this is an intimidating place, maybe you guys can scale back on the hostility a little?

-DeathDonkey
Old 04-21-2007, 11:46 PM

good post deathdonkey
Old 04-21-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Sparky,

As some have said its a fairly small sample (for example no matter how good or bad you play you will likely find a way to win money with KK and QQ longterm, but perhaps not as much as you should) so that's just a measure of sample size that you are losing with those hands.

You should work a bit on your preflop play, and find some spots to raise a bit more preflop. Late position with big suited connectors and any position with broadway suited cards for example are easy preflop raises in those games.

This is to everyone else in this thread: you guys are tough on new people here, wow. I don't read this forum as much as I used to but is everyone so jaded to new players that they just say "read the damn FAQ and stop asking questions noob!", I mean, this is the second thread I've seen today where someone is coming in with a willingness to learn and asking questions and basically getting told "you shouldn't post like this". It's tough for people here just starting out, this is an intimidating place, maybe you guys can scale back on the hostility a little?

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I didn't swear or torch OP even a little. If we can get the newbs to read the FAQ when they post their first post like this one, maybe we can avoid them putting 10 hand posts on the front page next week.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now I'm at 23/15 or so, which is a bit looser, but still reasonable for the stakes I'm playing

[/ QUOTE ]

Fret, you play 23/15 full ring?

[/ QUOTE ]
fwiw I had ~22/18 full ring on pacific poker's 1/2 game
Old 04-22-2007, 12:37 AM

Thanks for all the answers,and it is full ring, and especially DeathDonkey. Have read the FAQ and everything else I can get my hands on. 1000 hands for me has been almost a month and I know it is a small sample size but wanted opinions. I thought 3BB/hr was great for a noob and I am reviewing my hands all the time, trying to learn, thats why I asked about the big pairs. I just played 40 hands, went 13 VPIP and 8 PFR and felt like a never had a playable hand and am almost even on KK and QQ now. thanks guys
Old 04-22-2007, 02:07 AM

Donkey death, I'm with you. My post was potitive. Welcome to the new posters.