Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Antisemitism thread

I disagree with it being moved to this forum, particularly after just one post which, in and of itself, was not at all over the line. IMO you have to at least give people a chance to respond before prematurely locking the discussiion, especially with an issue that's bound to be a little heated. Otherwise we'd never be able to discuss anything but the same ole AC threads.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Antisemitism thread

1. It wasn't the one post. That thread was on our radar from the get-go when Felix starts talking about how the "Jews killed Jesus". We let it go initially, but it was always borderline.

2. It has been made clear that giving people a chance to respond to anti-semitism isn't good enough. We must protect those unsophisticated enough to parse the arguments.

3. Jman initially locked the thread so I'm not really at liberty to open the thread back up to discussion. I opted to move it here and tempban Peter rather than leave the discussion up.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:00 PM

The whole thread was basically about one of the most vicious lies that has been used to perpetrate antisemitism for two millenium, that Jews killed Jesus. And with Peter666 and Snowball posting in it, it was taking a really nasty turn.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:58 PM

obvious lock imo
Old 04-16-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2. It has been made clear that giving people a chance to respond to anti-semitism isn't good enough. We must protect those unsophisticated enough to parse the arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go ahead and have to say this is totally [censored] weak. Like really, really [censored] weak.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole thread was basically about one of the most vicious lies that has been used to perpetrate antisemitism for two millenium, that Jews killed Jesus. And with Peter666 and Snowball posting in it, it was taking a really nasty turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hypothetically if you were interested in ending anti-Semitism, squelching debates on the topic and moving them to the Mod Forum... prob not the best way of going about things.

Jews killed Jesus... oh no! There's like a whopping 3 Christians in the entire politics forum and really, in their entire life, they have probably never heard that the Jews killed Jesus. Thanks for sparing their virgin eyes and minds.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:03 AM

xorbie its like a thread being started asking why people hate blacks. So someone says historically they steal more and dont pay child support. And then someone else says more crap about them bringing it upon themselves due to their actions. Those people would be banned pretty fast.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go ahead and have to say this is totally [censored] weak. Like really, really [censored] weak.

[/ QUOTE ]
I clearly erred when I suggested you as Politics mod. Not only is this the law of the land, it's job #1 in Politics. Haven't you been keeping track of the ATF drama? We've been over this so many times it makes my head hurt. Mason has made at least a half dozen posts basically saying the same thing.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:50 PM

if this were somehow a bbv thread, it would get dealt with thusly:

#1: I quote the "jews killed jesus" post and reply with something along the lines of "if jesus were around to see the amount of stupidity it takes to make that statement, he'd probably kill himself, or possibly half the retards in this thread (Old Testament style)"

#2: lock thread

#3: deal with criticism about thread via further public mockery

unfortunately, anti-Semitism is a way of life for some people and a pretty ingrained mindset that the Internet is not going to change for a bunch of others. that's life. on the other hand, I don't need to deal with the russian equivalent of backwoods hicks (actually, the russian equivalent is way worse), whether it's by coddling them, preventing them from posting (that just makes the gullible think they have a point), or by letting them keep throwing poo at each other. instead, personally, I just mock them until they either shut up or reveal their stupidity for everyone to see.

that's just me, though. I have a very thick skin.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
xorbie its like a thread being started asking why people hate blacks. So someone says historically they steal more and dont pay child support. And then someone else says more crap about them bringing it upon themselves due to their actions. Those people would be banned pretty fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize you think this is going to convince me. I still think it's really, really stupid.