Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 03-18-2007, 07:39 PM

Default stop bagging on microsoft about the rumored xbox 360 update

nintendo:
nes -> top-loading nes. ergo controllers, much more reliable game loads.
gba -> gba sp -> new gba sp. backlit, compact, and rechargeable batteries followed by increased brightness.
ds -> ds lite. compact, brighter.

sony:
ps2 -> slim ps2. compact, more quiet, faster game loads, integrated ethernet.
psp -> redesigned psp. compact, featureset is unknown but likely to include integrated storage.
ps3 -> euro ps3. current-gen downgrade! hardware backwards compatibility removed, this might make it to the states too.

by the way, ms is apparently shipping current-generation 360s with quieter, faster dvd-rom drives at no extra cost. write your congressmen immediately!
Old 03-18-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: stop bagging on microsoft about the rumored xbox 360 update

These upgrades pissed me off too.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, i guess. but a lot of people are acting as if microsoft invented the concept of a new edition.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, i guess. but a lot of people are acting as if microsoft invented the concept of a new edition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they are upset at how quickly they are releasing a new version. Although, I'm sure other system took a similar amount of time. Also, those upgrades you mentioned aren't that big of a deal. If you have an xbox you know how loud it can be. If they released a 'slimmer' xbox 360 I wouldn't give a [censored]. But them releasing a quieter one is a pretty big deal to me.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they are upset at how quickly they are releasing a new version. Although, I'm sure other system took a similar amount of time. Also, those upgrades you mentioned aren't that big of a deal. If you have an xbox you know how loud it can be. If they released a 'slimmer' xbox 360 I wouldn't give a [censored]. But them releasing a quieter one is a pretty big deal to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

so fans complained about the noise and microsoft did something about it. where is the problem? its amazing that people would be happier with microsoft not listenting to the consumers and keeping things as tehy are.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so fans complained about the noise and microsoft did something about it. where is the problem? its amazing that people would be happier with microsoft not listenting to the consumers and keeping things as tehy are.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's frustrating, that's all I'm saying.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you stupid? Does it piss you off when they come out with a faster Pentium chip? These updated systems were all released several years after the original systems came out.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you stupid? Does it piss you off when they come out with a faster Pentium chip? These updated systems were all released several years after the original systems came out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it does piss me off when that stuff happens. Do you get pissed off when you buy something and a week later it's $200 down in price? Or when you buy a computer and within no time it's already obsolete? This is standard stuff, but regardless, it's frustrating. People shouldn't be shocked because thisstuff always happens. I'm just saying people are justified in being frustrated about this. And I generally hated the updates with the game boy (nintendo ds.. whatever) because they release the updates probably within a year of the initial release. So you've barely had this thing and a new version is already released that is much better and cheaper. This is a stupid discussion because these upgrades are predictable, but people are allowed to be mad.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide,

We Agree.

Old 03-18-2007, 08:34 PM

<font color="green">I think they are upset at how quickly they are releasing a new version. Although, I'm sure other system took a similar amount of time.</font>

the xbox 360 was released 1.5 years ago and the updated version hasn't been officially announced. both the gba sp and ds lite were released less than 2 years from their parent products.

<font color="green">Also, those upgrades you mentioned aren't that big of a deal. If you have an xbox you know how loud it can be. If they released a 'slimmer' xbox 360 I wouldn't give a [censored]. But them releasing a quieter one is a pretty big deal to me.</font>

i think it's nuts to suggest that a backlight isn't a monstrous deal for a game boy. i think anyone who suffered with worm lights would understand. i actually bought a tv output hardware mod to sidestep the issue, and later a soldered internal light. also, ever spend 10 minutes trying to find the perfect partial insert for a nes cart? i'd prefer loudness to being unable to see or load my games.