Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 05:30 AM

Default LIVE action-J2 flops two pair and some guy wants to play for stacks

I know....fold it preflop. It's gets so boring sometimes at the table that you just want to see a flop. I had the button and the entire table limped so I figured what the hell.
Stacks are about $240 deep
Flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Someone in EP leads for $10 and I make it $35. The BB(LOOSE CANNON)makes it $105 or something, some lady calls all in for like $60 or so and then the action comes back around to me. What do you do here??? I thought about this for a while and really had no idea what to do.

This BB is really a nut. He has been running over the table but the hands he showed down in big pots were legitimate which made this really tough b/c it certainly looked like he was going all the way with this one.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: LIVE action-J2 flops two pair and some guy wants to play for stacks

Fold.

EP still has to act.

I think calling is bad because your hand is easily counterfeited and you should get the money in while you are ahead.

The question is, are you ahead in this unraised pot vs both the loose guy AND the guy in EP. The short-stack isn't really an important consideration since she'd be all in with any Jx or any draw, like 34.

So, I'd fold only because I don't get to see EP's reaction to the loose guy's raise before I have to commit my stack. And J2 beats TP, but that's it.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: LIVE action-J2 flops two pair and some guy wants to play for stacks

I think this is a fold as well. There is no reasonable draw other then 34 so what are 3 other people putting their money in there with? You have a Jack so they can't all have TP. I think I'd wait for a better spot.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: LIVE action-J2 flops two pair and some guy wants to play for stack

Easy fold. Check/3bet will have a set just too often to play your stack in this spot, especially in a live game.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: LIVE action-J2 flops two pair and some guy wants to play for stack

Thanks for the replies. I folded after some consideration and the nut job bb turns over 2-5 and the EP limper had AJ. The bb rivered a 5 which made me feel a lot better about my fold.