Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Turn overbet shove 3/6 NL

[ QUOTE ]
I think all 3 lines will work in getting him off of KK-QQ, but I like shove the worst because it doesn't give us a chance to either

1) suckout
2) use a club/spade/A as a scare card

and we lose the most when he gets sneaky with AA. So I prefer raising turn normal, and shoving some rivers best, and next is calling and raising a ton of rivers if he bets like this again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is what I dislike most about my shove. I have position, and the stacks are still manageable. I can still conceivably fold out a lot of hands depending on the river.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:14 PM

This just looks gross... i see no reason for an overbet bluff.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This just looks gross... i see no reason for an overbet bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does the situation call for?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think all 3 lines will work in getting him off of KK-QQ, but I like shove the worst because it doesn't give us a chance to either

1) suckout
2) use a club/spade/A as a scare card

and we lose the most when he gets sneaky with AA. So I prefer raising turn normal, and shoving some rivers best, and next is calling and raising a ton of rivers if he bets like this again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most important is the fact that he shows up with AA a significant portion of the time here and your raise doesn't need to be NEARLY this big to fold out the parts of his range which are ever going to fold. sauce.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:43 PM

You really think he shows up with AA a lot? While he's not a tough player, he's not a donkey. He can see the 19 draws out there.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:46 PM

you should just fold the turn, that bet is so fishy and i think KK/QQ checks so much
Old 03-04-2007, 10:54 PM

I wouldn't fold here without some sick read. You're getting laid a sick price and should have outs most of the time, if not the best hand already. And you still have a chance to take the pot away from KK/QQ on the river.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:08 PM

When a weak tight tag almost min 3bets preflop, AA is is always in the front of my mind.

Flop seems weird to me, why is he leading for less than 1/2 pot here when your hand range is pretty undefined as you are a button raiser and he gives you ridiculous odds?

On turn I'm gonna say call>fold>raise. If he has KK QQ he can't bet the river, and has to fold to any sizeable bet, which will be even easier if one of the 100000 scare cards falls.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:22 AM

this is pretty vile, bordering on very vile. preflop obv fine. flop obv fine. turn - wtf.

in cases like this, you need to remember what you were hoping for when you flat called on the flop.

either:

you make trips or two pair

or

he checks.

if you were asked on the flop, what card do you not want on the river, you'd say ace (of clubs, but ace will do).

and bango, it's come on the turn.

and your response is.....[censored] it, lets push and even though its the worst card in the deck, im going to push anyway. sure his bet size does smell a bit weak, but i wouldnt advocate putting your stack on the line due to this bet size.

also, a push stinks of semibluff. a push is saying 'i am semi bluffing, i have read 2+2 lots and this is a good creative semibluff move'.

personally i say call and try to improve on river, or make a standard sized raise.

this stinks of 'i dont think im going to win the hand so lets push and hope he thinks i have a set and so he will fold'. not great thinking. parlay, i like your posts, your a very clued up guy, but this stinks imo.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you should just fold the turn, that bet is so fishy and i think KK/QQ checks so much

[/ QUOTE ]