Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 08:55 PM

Default 3/6 OOP with a plan

Villain in this hand is a tough regular (top 5) in the Stars 3/6 game. He is a good TAG and adept at playing these cold-called single raised pots in position. When he calls me on the flop he could have a monster, a good hand, an ok hand, or air. I expect him to bet the turn about the same with all the hands -- although he may occasionally check behind top pair. 67 is a possible holding but truly represents a very small portion of his range (of which QT is also a part). I did not think 2 barreling was a particularly attractive option, but feel free to disagree.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $204.10
UTG+1: $435.70
Hero: $612
Button: $702.50
SB: $450.25
BB: $600

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $24</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($57, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $39</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($135, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $96</font>, Hero calls planning to bet $260 if the river bricks off, check-push if he hits his straight, check-call if he hits his ace, check-fold (but hope for a check behind) if he hits his ten
Old 02-24-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Re: 3/6 OOP with a plan

If he's really tough, why not bet like 160ish on the river instead, make it look like a blocker to a solid regular?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:02 PM

Because I'll get called more than I want to, and occasionally "bluff raised"
Old 02-24-2007, 09:07 PM

- stop n go looks really weird, might confuse him enough so he bluff raises you or calls with a better hand.

- if hes good he'll know that on the turn youre likely to semi bluff a lesser out draw if he thinks your drawing and checkcall with a bigger draw (and maybe best hand) ie things like t9/tj

- if you cgheckcall turn and then bet river blank, your hand doesnt look that strong given turn action, and if you had more than 200 left behind youd expect to have your bet shoved over. If you bet just 160 youll get raisd by worse and called by better anyways so that doesnt seem to hot either.

overall hand looks pretty transparent as air or something that cant take a lot of action despite the fact that you do weird bet sizing on turns board texture combod with river play
Old 02-24-2007, 09:14 PM

If he's outright bluffing himself or has a very weak hand (think 66 or KQ), then this line does succeed in re-bluffing. I'm NOT trying to fold a jack here (although I think it's possible).
Old 02-24-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's outright bluffing himself or has a very weak hand (think 66 or KQ), then this line does succeed in re-bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats your goal then, isnt it better to just fire a 2nd barrel?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:19 PM

No, not necessarily
Old 02-24-2007, 09:35 PM

C/shove when u hit straight is aweful unless villain likes to float flop in position and will make huge bluffs. Turn bet to c/c is aweful IMO. Straight is so obvoius if u hit it if u c/c the turn. Who says he doesn't have QT or 67s? You should just fold. C/c makes it too hard to extract $ on riv if u hit straight, and you have to c/f if u miss. You're getting only... ~2:1 to call the turn, and only 1/5 of the time or so does the straight hit the riv,meaning you're losing tons of money calling her. Besides, betting big on any riv but checking when making a hand will just lose so much $. Betting turn isn't aweful and folding to a raise. At least when u bet the turn u still have control of the hand. Now if u had KJ or AJ, MAYBE JQ if villain wuz fishy would i c/c this turn.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:42 PM

Is this a troll account?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:45 PM

why no turn c/r