Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Two AK river bluffs

First one seems ok, that's a big c-bet though. Even if it fits the rest of your game, it sounds like you don't know villains that well and in a first(ish) encounter I prefer always betting smaller.

Don't like the second one. Mostly repping AJ/QQ or air and if I were villain I'd be suspicious of your betsize (I'd expect a smaller bet). Obvious you might outlevel that thinking and bet this big anyways ect., but I don't think you'd get credit for that here. If you have a general feel that they are mediocre players who don't think that much into hands though then go ahead.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the first one never works for me. never.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya agreed also the board is super dry and nothing as changed from the flop to the river I don't see you getting that many folds here.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:37 PM

I just think your c-bet on 1 is so big and the board doesn't really change, so why would he call the flop and not the river? The more I look at number 2 the more i like it. Thinking players will see #2 as a big hand more often thinking you checked the flop for deception and overbet the river to compensate; but donks will usually see this is you just wanting to win the pot. It's just so player dependent.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:38 PM

In 1 you are repping exactly JJ/78/KK+ right? I think this is a spot where the bluff works almost always or they call with 77+, very opponent and history dependent. I do like the bet here against most. He has a hard call with a 5/67 or whatever junk he peeled the flop with.

In 2 I like betting 120 on the turn (or on the flop). It gets more value from both our good hands and our bluffs for when we fire river. I like the river bet here less than in hand 1, but if you're gonna bet then push is the correct bet size imo. I prefer the bet more on a diamond turn since it makes it more likely that he calls turn with PP+ FD and folds river, but it is still hard call for him here with less than QQ.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:48 PM

Really don't like hand 2 as no one believes that u rr pre then check behind a flush draw, and you're never checking a set on this board.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:50 PM

I might believe that he'd check a set sometimes, just not the more likely AA/KK.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:11 PM

both of these are so player dependant..

if you think he's smart and pays attn then i think 2 is good, but if he's standard then i think its a pretty risky play.

hand 1 is okay..
Old 02-06-2007, 01:24 PM

h1 - omg @ flop! against a thinking dude this isnt so good since he'd expect you to jamjamjam with a super good hand given stack sizes on the turn. villain will very willingly and likely play qq or Jx lie he did and call you.

h2 - this is a bit silly since you are trying to exactly rep jj/99 in otherwords we hates it
Old 02-06-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the first one never works for me. never.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-06-2007, 05:14 PM

I don't think 1 is principally bad, but given how most people play your range is not very strong on the river imo. I'd rather bluff turn if I was going to bluff two streets. If I did that I would c-bet less on flop.

I'm not sure about 2.