Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 08-24-2006, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Raising then folding AJ pre-flop - pathetic or heroic?

This is the hottest topic for a while! So far the thread has got 49 replies (this is the 50th), and last time a discussion got this many replies was over a week ago, a thread that ended 15th of August.

And at the same time it's the most pointless thread ever I believe. Not even the addition of the "what-if-my-hand-was-suited" argument made it interesting. Both AJ and AJs are easy folds in this situation for obvious reasons, and I can simply not understand how on Earth there can be 50 replies in this thread. It will be one of the mysteries for future archeologists to solve.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:46 PM

STOP RESPONDING TO THIS THREAD
Old 08-24-2006, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can simply not understand how on Earth there can be 50 replies in this thread. It will be one of the mysteries for future archeologists to solve.

[/ QUOTE ]

People like to respond to the easy questions and feel smart about it afterwards. Post a remotely interesting hand, watch the thread get replies from 2-3 people who dodge the difficult portions of the hand, and then watch the thread die quickly while everyone moves on to the next "AA and I get raised on a paired board" thread w/ 15 replies.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I probably wouldn't raise with it to begin with

[/ QUOTE ]
What would you do with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I realize I may be in the minority here but I would just call in that situation. I can understand wanting to raise to chase out others behind you, but in MP+1 I would still be worried about having numerous people behind me still yet to act. If I was in LP or on the button and it hadn't been raised I would definitely raise it up. Also, if it were suited I would probably raise in that spot. I just don't like the offsuitedness of the hand. In no way am I saying it's the "right" play, but that's typically how I play it. As I said though, I consider myself a very tight player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't this be more passive than tight?