Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2006, 12:19 PM

Default JJ in CO - getting donked by unknown

I don't have any stats on these guys all I can say is that BB felt a bit loose pre-flop and hadn't made an impression either way post-flop. Not aggro but not scared or passive.

Might also be worth knowing that I had raised a couple of hands earlier and let go on boards with no A or K.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, ...

Easy fold? Free showdown raise? Call and re-evaluate on the river?
Old 05-26-2006, 12:40 PM

Default Re: JJ in CO - getting donked by unknown

Why wouldn't he check-raise here if he was pulling something or wanted to represent more strength? Maybe he's scared of having is JT checked through. I doubt I can let this one go though. I may just call down. I do see the appeal of the free showdown. Do you think you can safely fold to a 3-bet?
Old 05-26-2006, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have any stats on these guys all I can say is that BB felt a bit loose pre-flop and hadn't made an impression either way post-flop. Not aggro but not scared or passive.

Might also be worth knowing that I had raised a couple of hands earlier and let go on boards with no A or K.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, ...

Easy fold? Free showdown raise? Call and re-evaluate on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call this down. He might be donking a flush or straight draw. Hopefully he'll miss and bluff at you again on the river.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:50 PM

Usually your losing, but sometimes your not.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:03 PM

I used to call down here, but I think a free showdown raise is better to put pressure on the SB. A lot of the time bb picked up a straight or flush draw so youre most likely ahead.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:11 PM

My impulse is to fold. However, against unknowns I typically stick to a call down policy. Here I like a raise to get it HU for a free showdown. I would fold to any river action though, and a 3 bet from anyone on the turn makes it an easy fold for me too.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:18 PM

not an easy fold. We still have 2 outs to J's and 4 outs to T's if the guy has a Q. My vote is to call and re-evaluate.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:23 PM

He could have a made straight, but it's not too likely, since you have 2 jacks.

Pop this [censored], man. Calling is absolutely the wrong play. There are too many hands that SB can have that we want to charge. We have an easy fold to a 3-bet. The real question would be how to handle the river if you're A) donked or B) checked to.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:03 PM

Yup, that was my conclusion... after the hand was over. At the time I called and SB folded. River came A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and BB check-folded when I value-bluffed.