Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 12-01-2007, 03:09 AM

Default Re: 5/10 NL Putting Whose House to A Decision

don't like turn (?? what was your thinking here?), also river he is likely to look up your line even with a bare ace because its just so suspicious.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Obv advertisement post.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you saying this hand didn't happen or what are you saying? I'm not advertising a damn thing. Is this a bad play or a good one in the long run if I'm doing it with good and bad? Am I right in thinking it is hard for him to have a three and hard for him to call with any ace?

[/ QUOTE ]

It means the only reason you posted this hand was so that people will look you up light in the future when you do a big move like this, and that time, you'll have it.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:26 PM

I dont think getting enough action at 5 10 is my problem trust me. I thought this was the best hand I've ever played because it was so deep.

Berserk. I bet turn so he might fold or call with his pockets eights jacks or nines. As played I definitely don't like calling a river bet...is that honstely a better option than going all in?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:41 PM

Your line here is very strange, and the turn action is pretty strange too.

You're not really repping much here at all. 44, 66, A3??? Your line doesn't really make sense for any of them up to the river, but you do actually have TT so who knows. I think if this works it's because he doesn't put you on a hand but just doesn't think you'd overbet bluff for almost two buyins. Meaning it's a purely strength based bluff, which are usually pretty bad.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:02 PM

RR pf... releee interesting river...
Old 12-01-2007, 03:09 PM

I think he reps 66 and possibly 33/44/A3. I cant see any hand in villains range that can call this rep (maybe 33/AA). He might think you are FOS but still can't call with Ax..I think this is good.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:18 PM

SILLYGOOSER,
When you're going to make a big bluff, it's best to follow these 3 simple rules:
1. Your opponent is capable of folding the range you assign him.
2. There are several hands you are representing which beat your opponent's range.
3. The line you took is congruent with the hands you are representing.

Point 1 is totally opponent dependent. Most players have a default line when faced with a difficult decision: some call, while others fold. I have not played with Whose House enough to say which category he falls into. There are some regs at 5/10 where it would be suicide to pull a move like this, b/c they never believe anyone. In this specific hand in order for you to break even, your opponent has to fold 67% of the time. That's a really high % in order for this play to be successful. So, I think you need to have a good read on your opponent to know he can fold here before you make this move.

Point 2 deals with what you are representing. In this case, it is a very narrow range: A3, 33, 44, 66. There really isn't much else you can represent.

For A3, you are not calling A3o OOP, so that can be removed from your range. You can only have A3s. When the flop comes a rainbow A33, there can only be one A3s that flops a boat. In this case, it is A3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

With two 3s already on the board, there is only 1 combination of 33, which would be quads.

When the turn comes a 6, there are only 3 combos of 66 left. The same goes for the river 4, there are only 3 combos of 44 left, making 6 total combos of 44 and 66. However, I think both of these hands should be discounted signifcantly, considering that you check-called the flop OOP on an Ace high board. I can't imagine you doing this 100% of the time, and if you are, it would definitely be a huge leak. So, we have to discount the probability of 44 and 66. We'll say that you'll fold them 50% on the flop and call the other 50% of the time (this is a liberal estimate IMO, but w/e). So this reduces the combos of 66 and 44 by 50% from 6 combos to 3.

So, we're left with these 5 total combinations:
A3s (1)
33 (1)
44+66 (3)

This is obviously a very narrow range that you are repping.

The last point deals with the line you took and whether it makes sense to the villain. To do this, the villain would take the 5 combos of hands you are representing and plug them into how the hand played and ask himsel: Would Sillygooser play these hands like this? Does his line make sense? I can't really answer this question, but I will say that you took a very goofy, non-standard line for the hands you are repping.

A lot of player will call in spots like this if there are two conditions present (1) my opponent is repping a very narrow range (2) the line he took does not make sense for the hands he is repping. Both conditions are present in this hand.

In a vacuum, this hand may have been successful, but in the long-run, I think making plays like this are -EV. If you are going to do this in the future, I think you need a very spot on read of your opponent.