Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-29-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Am I ever scared of this bet on the river? (BIG bet)

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($14.30)
SB ($9.90)
Hero ($14.55)
UTG ($7.95)
MP ($12.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.3</font>, SB calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, Button folds, SB calls $1.10.

Flop: ($3.20) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.2</font>, SB calls $2.20.

Turn: ($7.60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($7.60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $6.3 (All-In)</font>

Villain is Unknown

Should I have bet the turn as well and folded to resistance?

As played, what would you do here?
Old 11-29-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Am I ever scared of this bet on the river? (BIG bet)

looks like a missed c/r on the turn that is trying to get value. i probably would have fired on the turn and if shoved on i'm never good here. cant see any 10 combination that we beat playing it this way.

i expect to see at least 2 pair/set most of the time
Old 11-29-2007, 05:15 PM

Not a big bet, it not even a psb. Shove turn, call river. If this is how villain plays a flush draw/flush in a rr pot then he is terrible and can have a bunch of other junk too.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not a big bet, it not even a psb. Shove turn, call river. If this is how villain plays a flush draw/flush in a rr pot then he is terrible and can have a bunch of other junk too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this is NL10 so the bet is moderately big considering it's the rest of his stack.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Well this is NL10 so the bet is moderately big considering it's the rest of his stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a rr pot so 100 bbs deep any time a bet is made on two streets the last bet is likely going to be for stacks so relatively speaking his bet size shouldn't be scary.

edit: basically I'm saying the situation is completely different than if it is a normal raised pot and villain over bet shoved 2x pot on the river.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:36 PM

I shove turn.

As played, I snap call river.

It is hard playing against unknowns. I'd play it different if I had stats and/or reads.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:38 PM

I like betting on the turn. Since you didn't bet on the turn his shoving range on the river is a lot less defined. As played I don't think you're going to win this pot with one pair all that often. Some villains are capable of shoving here with JJ or QQ, or a busted draw (unlikely). Against an unknown who we haven't seen do things like that before, this is probably a fold.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:24 PM

A lot of mixed feelings about this hand. I understand I put myself in a tough spot by not betting out the turn.

The one thing that's tricky is that some of you are saying vs an unknown you would call, where as others are saying they would fold.

Now in general, am I giving unknowns more credit with hands like these? Even at these levels? (I assume as you move up you're not going to see as many donks as you see at NL10 + 25).

Consensus of hand in white:<font color="white"> Villain shows A10, top pair. </font>
Old 11-29-2007, 11:30 PM

u can't ever fold in the hand.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:35 PM

I feel like for this exact hand, and other similarly played hands this is how I would play vs certain opponents:

Unknowns: Call 80% Fold 20% (I just can't give unknowns too much credit at these levels, if I get stacked I get stacked...)
Solid TAGS (same applies for LAGS who play TAG postflop): Call 50% Fold 50% (depends on read)
LAGS (preflop and postflop): Call 70% Fold 30% (assuming I'll see similar holdings as I did in this hand, but also flushes since they play any 2 suited cards).
Fish: Call 100% Fold 0%

Anyone have similar views?