Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Limp behind hand in razz

ah true I overlooked seat 6 sorry. Yep right move. Nice hand.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:42 AM

Seat 6 is stone dead, raising is incorrect on 5th.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:51 AM

makes sense, but you don't want seat 6 drawing your live cards and take away from your hand while the 86 holds?

Besides I don't think seat 6 is sticking around on 6th regardless if either one of them catches good. Seat 6 already put in his wasted money and got out like he should.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
makes sense, but you don't want seat 6 drawing your live cards and take away from your hand while the 86 holds?

[/ QUOTE ]Are you claiming that the presence of seat 6 in the hand is going to affect the probability that hero hits his hand?

If so, I suggest you revisit basic probability or spend enough time with a deck of cards until you've satisfied yourself that isn't the case.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 6 is brain dead, raising is incorrect on 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

and you are, of course, correct
Old 11-29-2007, 12:14 PM

I ran the numbers with rusty and it seems a call is the best play on 5th. Raising puts you in a bad position with the 86 and letting seat 6 draw to a 7 gives him only a 3% chance of making that 7.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I ran the numbers with rusty and it seems a call is the best play on 5th. Raising puts you in a bad position with the 86 and letting seat 6 draw to a 7 gives him only a 3% chance of making that 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be as much as 5% but yeah, he's drawing waaaaay slim. This is not like on 4th where you have a 4 card hand, an opponent has a 4 card hand, and another has a 3 card hand. In that case, the 3 card hand can catch up in one card, you'd rather he was gone, or pay through the nose, and also, you are probably closer in value to the other good hand than in this case.

Further, when considering eliminating a player, you want to figure out if his equity will shift largely to you, increasing your chances, or to your opponent, increasing his, or to both, increasing both of your equities a little. Sometimes eliminating a player can buy you some equity. In this case, not so much.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:26 PM

If seat 6 will come along, raising Fifth has to be better than calling, and the only way to find out is to make the raise. If Seat 2 is made, hero is a 2:1 dog on Fifth, so I want the overlay of the third guy paying the raises.

Not to denigrate the OP and the limp behind gambit, but the value in this hand comes from seat 6 paying to come along drawing thin, and then Hero catching inside to draw out on seat 2. I suppose your read would tell you if completing on Third would have changed the way Fourth or Fifth were played, but usually not, and it would have made a bigger pot.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:29 PM

If you're actually behind then the first guy is going to re-raise almost all the time though, and even the loosest called with T9 is going to get out, I think. All you succeed in doing is putting in more money as a dog and losing a potential caller of another bet on 6th