Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: 5-10 Razz....line check

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of all the things that can go wrong, the highest probability is probably that Villain will check behind you on 7th and you lose the check/raise opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's anywhere near a certainty that he bets a very rough 8 into a 2-7-A board. Given the way this hand went down to that point, I'd be checking behind with 8-7-6 just about every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you play against David Chiu very much then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though Chiu has (4?) bracelets, including one in Razz, Chiu is a calling station in this game. He's no Yuvee, but who really is I suppose?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that he raised 6th because of the A on 5th, and because he made his 76. I knew that the A was the perfect card because it made my hand, and because of my 3bet on 3rd he has to think it paired me. I led hoping he'd raise. But to check would have been sexy.

[/ QUOTE ] LOL! I know, what a great hand! And, he makes the 76 and your 5 is hidden. It's like the best Razz hand ever!
Old 11-21-2007, 12:01 AM

There is a link to a converter in the FAQ and in every converted hand you see on this forum.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though Chiu has (4?) bracelets, including one in Razz, Chiu is a calling station in this game. He's no Yuvee, but who really is I suppose?

[/ QUOTE ]
According to the Hendon mob, Chiu has not even cashed in a razz tourney let alone won a bracelet. If you have a better source, I'd love to see it.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that he raised 6th because of the A on 5th, and because he made his 76. I knew that the A was the perfect card because it made my hand, and because of my 3bet on 3rd he has to think it paired me. I led hoping he'd raise. But to check would have been sexy.

[/ QUOTE ] LOL! I know, what a great hand! And, he makes the 76 and your 5 is hidden. It's like the best Razz hand ever!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know. Looking back on this hand, I could have totally pwned him, and had a great brag post.

Long live Razz!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
According to the Hendon mob, Chiu has not even cashed in a razz tourney let alone won a bracelet. If you have a better source, I'd love to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, indeed it was Stud and not Razz he has the bracelet in! Nice guy, but not a great Razz player for sure.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:21 AM

David played this hand very poorly and you didn't punish him for it. Brennen is dead on - if you are flat calling 6th you better be raising 7th. And I agree that although you would've gotten the same amount of bets in this situation, on any random hand 3 betting 6th is the best option...
Old 11-21-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, indeed it was Stud and not Razz he has the bracelet in! Nice guy, but not a great Razz player for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
No prob, I love it when people confuse stud and razz [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

btw, I'm not sure "calling station" is what I'd call him
Old 11-21-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No prob, I love it when people confuse stud and razz [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

btw, I'm not sure "calling station" is what I'd call him

[/ QUOTE ]

Chiu always takes time to chat, so I hate to call him an absolute razz donk, but I do suspect that he gets a taste for carrots, barley, or thistle from time to time