Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: THE FIRST BET IS A BET, THE SECOND ONE IS A RAISE

[x] ban op.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:12 PM

this is super-tilt inducing at teh live poker when you bet out and a donk insta-says "RERAISE" in a defiant tone with his little donkey glare. ksjaflk;ajsdl;fjkl;sdkafj;k
Old 11-20-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i find it hilarious when some moran who has watched poker on TV tries to act like a pro and does this.

"raise 10"
and the dealer immediately corrects it like an echo:
"bet 10"

[/ QUOTE ]
im assuming you are talking about me. I dont actually say raise, I just throw out 10$ and say 10. I dont know why but I think I would sound like a douche if i said "I BET 10"
Old 11-20-2007, 02:26 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

if you guys dont think people do this constantly you must not play non internet poker very often. Most people I play live with say raise when theyre making the first bet. This is because most people are subhuman retards.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:37 PM

I almost made a BBV post last week.
I was playing 1/2 NL on stars against a player who claimed to be Craig Tapscott. He wirtes several articles a month for Card Player.

We got into a heated discussion over this, obviously he was claiming that the initial bet = a raise, and the initial raise = reraise.

This close minded [censored] had only one piece of evidence to prove his case: He writes articles for Card Player. WTF??

I told him he was an idiot obv, but he kept saying to read his past articles. He claimed that he was right because Cardplayer prints his articles, so they must be correct

He continued to go on about how the initial bet is a raise. I asked him why, as a writer for Cardplayer, he uses terminology opposite to Cooke's Rules of Real Poker. His response: Ask SBRugby, and all the other High Stakes Pros. They (occasionally) use the term raise instead of bet, so they must be correct.

This idiot could not back up his claim with anything but "Hey im a poker writer, you have to trust me".

I have the chat to prove this.

Also he played a SOLID 30/6/1 game, and berated the deepstacked fish until they left the table.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:48 PM

I have done it to get into the head of the fish on my line. I pretend my hand is so strong that I want to raise with it and was so excited that I didn't notice that he didn't bet.

In other words, acting strong when I am weak.

It rarely works but I piss off people like OP. Wonderful side effect.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:00 PM

This is std home game hell tiltsville. I like that people get this little terminology bit wrong, lets me know immediately they dont... understand.

What gets me is even if you correct them or the dealer does they are sure to do it 10 bizillion more times in the next 20 mins