Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

[ QUOTE ]
If I was the father and I had no other children (and likely even if I did), I would plan out and kill the people responsible (in my mind) for my daughters death.

Whether they are legally responsible or not is irrelevant to me: they acted with the intent of wrecking my daughter's life, and she ended up dying. Whether there is 100% causation or not I really don't care.

I'd probably break into the house quietly one night, and put a bullet in each parent's forehead.

Some things are worth dying/serving life in jail for.

edit: And in case it needs to be said, I'm being completely serious and I'm not emotionally bent up at all right now. And I really don't care whether you believe my actions would be justified or moral or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

And people like you are the reason the world is as [censored] up as it is. And in case it needs to be said, I"m being completely serious and I'm not emotiionally bent up at all right now.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I was the father and I had no other children (and likely even if I did), I would plan out and kill the people responsible (in my mind) for my daughters death.

Whether they are legally responsible or not is irrelevant to me: they acted with the intent of wrecking my daughter's life, and she ended up dying. Whether there is 100% causation or not I really don't care.

I'd probably break into the house quietly one night, and put a bullet in each parent's forehead.

edit: And in case it needs to be said, I'm being completely serious and I'm not emotionally bent up at all right now. And I really don't care whether you believe my actions would be justified or moral or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

And people like you are the reason the world is as [censored] up as it is. And in case it needs to be said, I"m being completely serious and I'm not emotiionally bent up at all right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think saying that people like these douchebag parents are the reason the world is as [censored] up as it is would be more accurate.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think saying that people like these douchebag parents are the reason the world is as [censored] up as it is would be more accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I agree the douchebag parents contribute to the world sucking.
2. The douchebag parents are irrelvant when deciding if people like bigbb33 contribute to the world sucking.

Anybody that thinks the douchebag parents deserve to die for what they did is just plain retarded. I'm sure the parents and family of the girl that committed suicide might feel that way with good reason, but its up to the rest of society (who isn't emotionally involved) to objectively look at the situation.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. The douchebag parents are irrelvant when deciding if people like bigbb33 contribute to the world sucking.

Anybody that thinks the douchebag parents deserve to die for what they did is just plain retarded. I'm sure the parents and family of the girl that committed suicide might feel that way with good reason, but its up to the rest of society (who isn't emotionally involved) to objectively look at the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you generally speaking, but you seem to not realize that people like bigbb33 ARE society. You disagree with what society says and so you claim its emotional and not objective and not good reason, but many in society might feel these parents deserve to be shot or have their house burnt down or some similar extreme punishment.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you generally speaking, but you seem to not realize that people like bigbb33 ARE society. You disagree with what society says and so you claim its emotional and not objective and not good reason, but many in society might feel these parents deserve to be shot or have their house burnt down or some similar extreme punishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not following. The fact that many people in society feel the best course of action is to take radical (and extremely violent) action against the douchebag parents (seems like thats a good way to get the nouns straight in the story) is what I'm saying the problem with our society is. I do realize people like BigBB33 are part of society, but I'm saying our society has a number of very big problems (as it always will) and his attitude is one of them.

I mean at a very basic level this story can be boiled down to: Girl A hurts Girl B's feelings. Girl B's family decides to get revenge and hurt Girl A's feelings. Unfortunately, it gets out of control and ends tragically. Now many peoples' reactions are: Family B caused Family A great pain, now we're going to [censored] with Family B and cause them pain. In some cases people want to take violent physical action to cause that pain. Of course this also has tons of opportunities to take unexpected tragic turns. For instance what if a 12 year old family friend is visiting and gets caught in the house while some wacko burns it down for revenge.

Call me a passifist, a pussy, a chickenshit, a whatever, but I'd like to think if I were in Family A's position I'd actively call for people to leave them alone and spend my time trying to raise awareness of depression and the importance of monitoring childrens' internet activity (which it seems they were doing well anyway). If for some reason I couldn't get over my emotional response I'd hope my friends and family would help control me until I became rational.

One last thing, there was an article about the NYC underground poker club robbery and murder that quoted the victim's widow saying she didn't want the shooters to die because she and her husband didn't believe in the death penalty. I have so much respect for her ability to say that and I think thats the kind of attitude and type of people that benefit society the most.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 PM

NBC News did a story tonight on this case.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3. I think the legal question is whether or not a "reasonable person" could have forseen the outcome. If so, then the psycho parents are responsible for the death. I would argue that a reasonable person would forsee that serious harm would come to this child.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does US tort law have the "egg shell skull" rule? I.e. take your victims as you find them: the fact this girl was depressed and so the conseqeunces of the action were more extreme than they would have been if she was not depressed, is no excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does have an egg shell skull rule. I think the parents have a clear cause of action for intentional infliction of emotional distress. Odds are they are judgement proof anyway. i.e. poor white trash.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be irrelevant to me. [censored] with my daughter in an elaborate scheme, have it end with her death, and you get a bullet in your head. Whether that's the ending you planned or not is irrelevant to me, as is what society says is allowable.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People are being so f*cking results-oriented on this that it's ridiculous. They didn't kill her, they train-wrecked her MySpace page. If she got all emo and killed herself, that's not their fault. Seriously, if this story was just "bitchy 13 year old blows off her best friend and then the parents help trainwreck her MySpace page", people would just think this was a funny story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Result oriented? What self respecting adult would [censored] with a kid's head this way, especially if they know that the kid has a history of depression? These people are scumbags plain and simple, and it's really too bad that they won't get any type of punishment for their stupidity.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:57 PM

Dont respond to the people who are saying we are being results oriented. They do not have kids and they could never understand.

For those saying it would be hard to prove criminal intent, I wholeheartedly agree. But there is definetly a case for some type of liability, as their actions directly resulted in her death.

I think the key point some of you are missing is that the 13 year old friend did not do this. THE PARENTS, who had initimate knowledge of the girl's psychiatric history, did this.

And for the argument about physcially retaliation, I am for it. How can argue against this recourse? Who cares if original intent was not to push the girl to suicide, that is what freakin happened. Obviously, I have never had a child die, but look at all the emotion being worked up between random interent people over a family we know nothing about. Imagine the hatred coursing through the veins of the victimized family. I bet the dad could kill the other parents and only get manslaughter due to temporary insanity.
There was a case when a man caught his wife in bed and killed the adulterous couple and didnt get life because it was a stressful situation and he wasnt thinking clearly, etc, etc.
I think the longer the dad waits to inflict pain, the less chance there is of him getting a lesser charge, but how can he do nothing?