Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel

Old 11-10-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Visit to Thailand

me an my frins so happy have maney new falang come bankok, you so hansum and we lub falang. i am just nic girl from junngl an send monee to my family to take care mom and sister, also my brother he sic

<3 <3 <3
Old 11-10-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey. i think i'll post in this thread too because that other one is just too massive.

i'm 26. i'll be arriving in bangkok on the 22nd. i've never heard of that festival, think it would be worth it to head to chiang mai for it right when i get there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Loy Krathong is celebrated all over the country, but is considered to be particularly beautiful and somewhat more nostalgic in the north. If you are going to be up there anyway it would be a good place to catch it, but not sure I would recommend making a special trip to see it there.

Here's the wiki entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loy_Krathong
Old 11-13-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On November 24 there is a festival in Chiang Mai, Loy Krathong I think it is called, and I was thinking of flying there and attending that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you'll have time, but you might consider taking the train. Thais on trains have been known to gamble and drink beer. At least they did 40 years ago. You'd fit right in.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he called them instant messaging so clearly he knows what they are...i dont understand why somebody would lie about that but whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm cleaning up the leftovers in this thread.

Anyway, You need to reason better. I had a suspicion of what was mentioned but did not know for sure. Then I did a goggle search etc and found out absolutely. But all this does not matter much. The important point is that I know how to lie exceptionally well. This is a useful talent that can’t be overvalued.

Thanks for info on Pattaya.

-Zeno
Old 11-14-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On November 24 there is a festival in Chiang Mai, Loy Krathong I think it is called, and I was thinking of flying there and attending that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you'll have time, but you might consider taking the train. Thais on trains have been known to gamble and drink beer. At least they did 40 years ago. You'd fit right in.

[/ QUOTE ]

A train ride does sound fun if not adventurous, along with mixing it up in a crowded, hot, smelly, and no privacy steel box; there is always the exciting possibility of being robbed, manhandled, and then tossed from the train into a muddy ditch.

The last time I took a train was from Nogales to Colima, Mexico. The train actually left right on time from Nogales - but after that it was all a gamble and quite a bad one, so I consumed vast quantities of tecate all the way down.

Wish me luck because I will need it and if I don't survive Andy Fox gets my Library, you get to inherit my coin collection which currently is worth about four dollars and twenty three cents. Of couse, I haven't made out my will so all this is moot but no less fun to banter about.

-Zeno
Old 11-14-2007, 03:26 AM

Thanks. There are some of us who could really use $4.23.

I took a train trip to the very southern part of the country that lasted several days. Once I got into the pace of it, I really enjoyed it. I found the Thais that I met were warm and fun people, but I wasn't near any touristy areas.

I found that cab and pedicab drivers hanging around waiting for fares like to gamb00l. If you see them pitching coins or rolling dice, they'll let you join in. EV for a couple of hours action can be +/- $3.00 US. They'll pull every angle on you known to man, and then laugh uproariously when you catch them at it.

Have fun and be safe. The memory of your first taste of Sing Ha (sp?) will stay with you for your lifetime.