Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Re: official gogogogo durrrr thread

dealer + vela conspirators? :O
Old 11-13-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also way to show some balls cardplayer...instead of talking about this lets just keep talking about the two average joes and their party bus/railtards

[/ QUOTE ]
My name is BJ Nemeth, and I am doing the live hand-by-hand updates for WorldPokerTour.com (which feeds into Card Player). Our reporting team is here in the WPT arena, while PokerListings and other outlets are outside the room watching on a monitor.

An unfortunate side effect of this situation is that their feed includes the player's microphones, so they can hear what the players are saying -- we can't. I assure you that there is no whitewash. If I heard the players openly complaining, I certainly would have reported it. (As I have in the past.)

The first I heard about it was in this thread, actually. I'll report more on it if I learn anything, but to be honest, I am so busy with my final table reporting duties that there's no time to be an investigative journalist until the final table is over.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:18 PM

Um ...

[ QUOTE ]
We've reached the end of the level and the blinds are moooving on up without benefit of a break. Meanwhile, players have noticed a crease in another ace and have requested another new setup, making the second time we've had to change decks due to marked cards. Odds on who's doing the marking?

[/ QUOTE ]

(pokerlistings update again)
Old 11-13-2007, 08:19 PM

We've reached the end of the level and the blinds are moooving on up without benefit of a break. Meanwhile, players have noticed a crease in another ace and have requested another new setup, making the second time we've had to change decks due to marked cards. Odds on who's doing the marking?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:19 PM

I made a thread where we can discuss the marking of the cards instead of making this thread all about that.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD
Old 11-13-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I made a thread where we can discuss the marking of the cards instead of making this thread all about that.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah GO DURRR
Old 11-13-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also way to show some balls cardplayer...instead of talking about this lets just keep talking about the two average joes and their party bus/railtards

[/ QUOTE ]
My name is BJ Nemeth, and I am doing the live hand-by-hand updates for WorldPokerTour.com (which feeds into Card Player). Our reporting team is here in the WPT arena, while PokerListings and other outlets are outside the room watching on a monitor.

An unfortunate side effect of this situation is that their feed includes the player's microphones, so they can hear what the players are saying -- we can't. I assure you that there is no whitewash. If I heard the players openly complaining, I certainly would have reported it. (As I have in the past.)

The first I heard about it was in this thread, actually. I'll report more on it if I learn anything, but to be honest, I am so busy with my final table reporting duties that there's no time to be an investigative journalist until the final table is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

good to know
Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 PM

Hand #37 - Mike White has the button in seat 4, Vela raises from the cutoff to 175,000, White moves all in for 515,000, and Vela calls with K10. White shows 76, and he'll need to improve to stay alive.

The flop comes J43, and White picks up a gutshot straight draw. The turn card is the 10, giving Vela a pair, but White picks up a diamond flush draw.

The river card is the 2, and Vela wins the pot with a pair of tens. Local favorite Mike White is eliminated in fourth place, earning $243,184.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 PM

pretty sure they mean 5th not 4th.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:51 PM

My bad. Mike White busted in fifth place. It's been fixed in the updates.

Edit: Apparently, I have a mental condition. That's the second time I typed "fourth" instead of "fifth." He finished FIFTH. #5. Five. 5 5 5 5 5 5

Fifth place for Mike White. D'oh!