Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: AJ in 3-bet pot. Ugly flop

I don't know what the hell you all exepct jfish are talking about. Yeah the flop is bad, and if we get it in its pretty much always going to be coinflip/WB. But here's what I think.
1. Betting is bad cuz we cant really bet-fold, cuz he shoves tons of draws and we get pretty good odds to call.
2. Check-call might be good but I don't love it cuz if he's any good he will represent flush/straight when it hits. And I don't really love giving free cards here either.
3. Check-fold. Kind of weak, espcially because when we check, he'll bet tons of air, (He'll check some one pair hands for pot control, but other than that he really should bet decent draws and air here) and like I said, this guy calls lots of 3-bets.

Terrabon99 He'll fold better hand here never, and very seldomly calls worse. but he has prizes himself to call with draws.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:33 PM

i dont like it, if he calls flop AI you're dominated or flipping and for that flop id be very happy getting to the turn for a 1/2 pot bet. I would call and possibly c/f turn depending how much he bets and esp if draw hits.

If turn totally blanks out sometimes I would consider getting it in if I think there is a good chance he bets a draw but need a read.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:20 PM

Location: \"If it shows their cards why did you keep betting?\"

jeez this does not look good at all. like others have said, you accomplished nothing but turning your hand into a bluff. congrats
Old 11-12-2007, 08:15 PM

I dont like the push probably he has a higher pp or a big draw. C/C and c/f on a dangerous turn and go all in on blank turn