Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Am I a douchebag?
Yes 175 62.06%
No 107 37.94%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Salazaar Owes Me 1k dollars.

Too late
Old 11-12-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh pls you guys are idiots if you think that was a real bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this surprises me. why isnt it a real bet? A calls BS. B offers a bet. A offers terms. B (implicitly) agrees and again asks if A wants to bet. A books the bet.

what about that is "not real" other than the fact that A is salazar? it doesn't give you carte blanche to go around making and welching on bets just because you're generally regarded as a clown.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:02 PM

wasnt the bet whether or not he actually lost 6.5 and not just whether or not he said it?
Old 11-12-2007, 06:02 PM

its the internet who cares.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:03 PM

I think its safe to assume this was a real bet, but, well, whatcha gonna do? Salazarrrr realised he made a retarded mistake hence the quick posts of "zomg, post quick or something, lolz".

Its a good point btw, if this wasnt a real bet, you dont reduce the terms from 10k to 1k, you increase it to a million or something or wager a small child.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this surprises me. why isnt it a real bet? A calls BS. B offers a bet. A offers terms. B (implicitly) agrees and again asks if A wants to bet. A books the bet.

what about that is "not real" other than the fact that A is salazar? it doesn't give you carte blanche to go around making and welching on bets just because you're generally regarded as a clown.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a real bet because at no point whatsoever would I ever expect him to actually pay that bet, and I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't.

As soon I read the "1k, booked" I assumed there was a 0% chance of Salazar actually paying this. Pretty sure I'm not the only one either.

Now maybe it SHOULD be a real bet, but no way I'd ever take someones word on the internet that I dont know and actually assumed they're going to pay. Ever.

But like I said, I'll bet 20k that the moon is made of cheese.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
y arent there any players on the table...?

[/ QUOTE ]

because benyamine quit?
Old 11-12-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wasnt the bet whether or not he actually lost 6.5 and not just whether or not he said it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the bet was whether the quotes attributed to David Benyamine (or at least DB's account on FT), were actually said by him in the FT chat box, or just made up for poops and giggles by the OP in the 'DEGENYAMINE IS BROKE' thread.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a real bet because at no point whatsoever would I ever expect him to actually pay that bet, and I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't.

As soon I read the "1k, booked" I assumed there was a 0% chance of Salazar actually paying this. Pretty sure I'm not the only one either.

Now maybe it SHOULD be a real bet, but no way I'd ever take someones word on the internet that I dont know and actually assumed they're going to pay. Ever.

But like I said, I'll bet 20k that the moon is made of cheese.

[/ QUOTE ]

also theres no way salazaar ever gets paid if fugus is fos. you guys really think after zaar says "book it" fugus is gonna be look "lolutricked me, heres 1k."

get off yall high horses jesus.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this was certainly a real bet confirmed multiple times in the thread. the fact that there was no escrow doesn't change that, just shows that OP was stupid about it.
Closed Thread