Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Official Full TIlt Regulars Thread: Part II

[ QUOTE ]
Lostit,
you seem to call too much pre imo...I think if you play a bit more raise or fold pre you would be tougher to play against. The problem with playing 20/12 is your entering alot of pots without initiative and basically trying to outflop people. If you either tighten up and play closer to 16/12 or start raising more pre and playing 20/18ish it would help your game imo. Oh and stop calling my lp raises from the blinds and then check/folding the flop, your buring money everytime I take a pot from you with 5 high.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 high?? Next time you get me on one of those at the table, just give me an "pwned" in the chat window after the fact. I deserve it for that.

One clarification playa, is this strictly a move from the blinds you find me making, or is the same thing happening when I call you with position also?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:10 PM

19/15/7 extremely overaggressive. Looks like he double barrells a ton, or he just is taking shots at the turn really often. His AF on the river is unusually high for my sample (he probably was either already folded or all in by the turn tho, so likely too few hands).

This is just from ~400 mined hands.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:20 PM

hmm... yea he was giving me a hard time... on my left.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys noticed any leaks/obv holes in my game?
AZ_Playa25

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only got 18 hands on you... so nothing basically..although you are down $6. I don't even have any known hands on you as you haven't seen a SD yet.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys noticed any leaks/obv holes in my game?
AZ_Playa25

[/ QUOTE ]

This may sound counterintuitive and nitty, but I think you try and steal the blinds too often when playing Pot Limit. The players there are so weak, they're going to be defending their blinds much more often and calling you down to the river with middle pair or better.
I think you're putting yourself in a position to have to make a lot of very tough decisions postflop. One of the goals in big-bet hold em is to try and put yourself in positions where your decisions are basically obvious and your hands play themself. I think, if anything, you're even too aggressive in late position (when playing pot limit). The games are different and I don't know if you've adjusted properly.
I have almost 800 hands against you at PLHE$50, and very few at NL. GL
And why'd you get mad at me in the chat the other night? That wasn't very nice.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:15 PM

bige -

putting yourself in tough spots isn't necessarily less profitable.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bige -

putting yourself in tough spots isn't necessarily less profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're only tough because he's playing against calling stations that can't be bluffed after the flop. I think AZPlaya would benefit more by concentrating on value betting, as opposed to stealing the blinds and playing pots in position.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:22 AM

AZPlaya

I've got almost 1000 hands against you and I have you at 24/17/5 with your aggression by street as 8/3/2.

The reason I mentioned the aggression by street is I think you're tipping off some of your bigger hands. When you hit your monsters you've simply called behind several times on the flop, and then tried to c/r or get it on the turn in some way. With an AF of 8 on the flop, this pattern starts to stick out like a sore thumb. 1000 hands isn't a great amount for looking into this, but on each of the hands where you flopped a monster, you let them have a free card, where as most other times you did not. A couple of times it got you burned also. I've got one hands where you had 2 low diamonds, flop was AdKdQd, you gave the free card on the flop, and the villain caught another diamond to go with the J of diamonds. Sure he was drawing thin, but its still a tell that you probably had it and at the very least may have limited your payout. I would try pushing some of my monsters harder on the flop in order to mix your play a bit better.

I've got another one where you flop the straight into your opponents set, gave the free card and he paired the turn, then the money got in.

Also, looking at your stats by position, From SB to Button, I have you at 26/18/20/22/21/29. Almost looks like you're getting OOP a little to easily. On the SB and BB, I have you at 26/15 and 18/9 with your SB being negative $90 over that sample. Might want to tighten up your early range, paying extra attention to the SB.

Overall you've got a good win rate and play a nice aggro game, but the positional awareness could be better and watch the tells on your monsters when you hit the flop hard.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:48 AM

stats/info on shArkTP1?
Old 10-30-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i haven't tried this, but apparantly you can make a play money acct, sign onto it using another windows user acct, and open 16 more tables. as long as you never use this play money account for real money play and never deposit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would really want to do this but I'm really affraid of getting a closed account, so I'm hoping someone has done this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone here tried this? Someone posted this in MSNL FTP thread.