Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: A hand from SSHE would like discussion

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, I don't believe SSHE explains what the plan on the turn is (although I could be wrong, I don't have the book in front of me). So we raise the flop, then what? If we get a couple of callers do we simply check the turn UI, or are we forced to bet? Even if we get it heads up, are we again forced to bet UI?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, on the turn, unfortunately, you got to play poker. You have to assign some ranges to your opponents hands, and figure out what the best play is, based on what you think/guess/hope they have.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, I don't believe SSHE explains what the plan on the turn is (although I could be wrong, I don't have the book in front of me). So we raise the flop, then what? If we get a couple of callers do we simply check the turn UI, or are we forced to bet? Even if we get it heads up, are we again forced to bet UI?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, on the turn, unfortunately, you got to play poker. You have to assign some ranges to your opponents hands, and figure out what the best play is, based on what you think/guess/hope they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, this is something that trips me up ocassionally, since it is very dependent on the opponent(s) in the hand. If I've seen them play weak, I commit to continuation betting the turn. If they're calling everything I feel better about checking the turn sometimes. I've come to realize is that when in doubt, I prefer to bet the turn here. Let my opponents make the difficult decisions, ocassionally they will get it wrong and call with losers or fold winners.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:33 PM

Ok, I follow a lot of that discussion but are hands 2 and 3 good enough to play,

hand 2, Qh 7c, board Jc 7s 5h, 11sb in pot raised to you in MP, this hand has 5 outs and no BDFD and no FD for anyone else.
hand 3, Qh 7h, board Jc 7s 5s, 11sb in pot raised to you in MP, this hand has 5 outs and no BDFD and a flush draw for someone else.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Rick, that makes sense, I guess it is nice to be next to the bettor then the field is faced with 2 bets, if you have a few players between you and the bettor, who have called, you won't be able to thin the field with a bet, so what then?

[/ QUOTE ]

This spot is different....your odds now are approx. 13:1 or 14:1. Call flop, fold turn UI. A raise here doesn't force two cold on the field....they will pay two on the installment plan. Your outs are pretty well-disguised, so it wll be easy to dump on the turn UI.

Maestro