Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

Old 09-05-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Details for WSOP Circuit Event August 29, 2007 thru September 13,

I played in the 300/30 yesterday. There was about 340 entries and controversy right away - apparently a flyer was printed that had starting chips at 3000 instead of 2000, so they had to go with 3000 - but they started the blinds at 25/50 instead of 25/25. So overall, starting with fewer BBs. Hard to beleive they could have this big of a screw-up.

The thing seemed pretty well run overall IMO (except for above). Dealers were all competent - pleanty of flat screens to see info. Persoanlly, I didn't win any big pots - just kind of grinded up to about 5500 , but got into the danger zone and went out with my AT vs. JJ.

Oh yeah - the palce was freezing cold - supposedly so the WSOP could sell more jackets. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2007, 01:04 PM

Well I wouldn't call it a trip report but I was there Thur, Fri, Sat.

Attendance was down from last year. Not sure if it was the Labor Day weekend or the WPT competition in Biloxi or what.

Played the $330 event on Thursday. 401 entries. 1st place 35K. Only paid $589 to 3rd table where I got knocked out. Last year it had 556 entries and paid $720 to the 5th table (I remember cause that is where I busted last year). So it appears the payout structure was steeper. This one started with $3000 chips, 40 min level and the 25/50 starting blinds so not sure what the confusion was on the Tuesday $330.

The $550 event I played in on Sat only had like 250 entries, $2000 starting chips, 50 minute levels, started at 25/25. I only recognized one "pro". Busted out of the $ around 70th.

Dealers were defiantly better this year than last. But again attendance seemed to be way down. I hope they come back next year.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:24 AM

racers - it was freezing in there during their first WSOPC event a couple trs ago. Not exactly sure why they do this.
It isn't like that all the time I don't think.
It might just be that the section where they hold the event is colder for some reason. Vents are stronger there or whatever.

I usually like to have the A/C cranked up so if even my hands are shaking just trying to handle the chips then you KNOW it's really freaking cold.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:17 AM

Any way to find out if any big names will be in this ME?
Old 09-10-2007, 03:38 PM

Probably some of the same cast that played in the main-event at WPT-Biloxi I guess.
Probably not many of the biggest of the big names though as I assume many of those players will be at the WSOP-Europe which runs from Sept 6-16.

Some that were at WPT-Biloxi who might be hiking up the road to Tunica for the WSOP-C main-event there include:
Bill Gazes, Shannon Shorr, TJ Cloutier, Nam Le, Vanessa Rousso, Bernard Lee, Capt Tom Franklin, Mark Seif, JC Tran, Haralabos who were all mentioned on the update page on pokerpages.com

http://news.pokerpages.com/index.php...ew&id=2558

Even some of those players might opt to head up to the WPT-Borgata events instead.