Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 02:31 PM

Default Re: anybody have confirmed wii counts for best buy sunday 11/26?

[ QUOTE ]
another thread claims CC will have them this sunday

tom, an hour early is likely not even close to early enough. on sunday my best buy opened at 10AM and you had to be there by about 6AM to get one.

[/ QUOTE ]

An hour early on a Tuesday would have. No one anywhere. Of course no Wiis. It appears that most places are holding them for Sunday. Tried about 6 stores, got there before each opened and either talked to someone who worked there or got in the store first.

May have to try then.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:55 PM

an hour early on tuesday doesn't really make sense to me. with early morning weekend exceptions stores tend to take in trucks during business hours while they've got employees to stock the product right? so unless they're holding them for a specific day, they're probably throwing them out upon receipt and whoever happens to be there at that time (and i'm sure there will always be somebody or an employee/friend of employee) gets lucky. for tuesday morning, or any other weekday morning to matter it would seem to require them taking in a truck after-hours on a weeknight.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
an hour early on tuesday doesn't really make sense to me. with early morning weekend exceptions stores tend to take in trucks during business hours while they've got employees to stock the product right? so unless they're holding them for a specific day, they're probably throwing them out upon receipt and whoever happens to be there at that time (and i'm sure there will always be somebody or an employee/friend of employee) gets lucky. for tuesday morning, or any other weekday morning to matter it would seem to require them taking in a truck after-hours on a weeknight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly I am not an expert at how shipments get to retailers. I remember getting my Gamecube in the middle of the day at a Toys 'R Us after a couple of weeks (I got one on opening day without any problems, but it broke a few weeks later).

I was up this morning and figured it was worth a shot. If anyone else has any of these "inside" pieces of info, let me know.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:51 PM

you're going to need to reward a scalper on ebay or find out when retailers are receiving their shipments because the product has been selling out before stores open and it looks like it will continue to do so. one would expect that it will only get worse as the holidays approach.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:03 PM

Wal-Mart has their kinda crappy Wii bundle in stock right now if you're willing to blow a wad on some crappy games.

Edit: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d...126782721463113
Old 11-29-2006, 04:20 AM

it appears toysrus.com has a huge bundle available at the moment. this bundle includes zelda and better games than the walmart bundle.

i wonder if toysrus will allow returns of games that people dont want.