Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 05:08 AM

Default 2 hands from tonight - $100 NL

Here are 2 hands at $100 NL that I really doubted myself on.

Hand #1 - Villian is loose and fishy. I thought his most likely holding was an overpair, but I wasn't quite sure. Not sure about a turn check, and I think a river raise is in order.

5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $106.80
SB: $122.35

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($8, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $14</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($36, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($36, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $12</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $60

Hand #2 - Villian is a TAG. I told myself to muck on the river a billion times, but managed to convince myself he had QhJh. I'm interested in all streets here. I think turn is questionable/bad.

5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $199.85
CO: $108.90

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($11, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $9</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($29, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $20</font>, CO calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($69, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $31</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $131

all comments appreciated.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:14 AM

Default Re: 2 hands from tonight - $100 NL

I am repoping flop on hand 1 and felting it if needed.I might check turn in hand two if villan is solid.As played river is call to me, odds are goot.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:21 AM

Hand 1 if he is loose fishy he is not foldign an overpair, bet the turn for value, and I would probably raise the river small as well.

Hand 2 I think it is somewhat dependant on type of tag is he, more slaggyish or nitty. I still tend to c/c the turn there as a default, the one worse hand that may call is &lt;3s, although I personally believe that I dont value bet the turns enough w/ some of my marginal holdings, esp not oop. I think I have to call the river bet as played. It is somewhat player depedant again, but there are many people who will not bet worse then AQ on that river in that spot.The fact that his bet is so small scares me more the usual, as I think it is almost surely a value bet, although I may still see some tags bet randomly w/ worse As here. I think turn/river are somewhat player dependant; although I tend to check the turn here, and I would have one hard time folding on the river, which I believe is right, even though I think im beat almost always, as it would be one of the worst bluffs ever with hearts.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am repoping flop on hand 1 and felting it if needed.I might check turn in hand two if villan is solid.As played river is call to me, odds are goot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. He was pretty fishy so maybe he can get away with it, but I discounted a flush draw by a good margin. I don't think he was aggro enough to do that OOP with a FD. I was planning on popping the turn.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that his bet is so small scares me more the usual, as I think it is almost surely a value bet, although I may still see some tags bet randomly w/ worse As here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt at best I could split, and I'm usually behind to AQ-AJ. I think you're correct in that his 1/2 pot bet reeked of value.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:05 AM

given the read, PLZ BET THE TURN in hand 1. I 3b flop FWIW.

H2 is fine.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:27 AM

Hand 1: Re-raise the flop.. Turn check is fine. You can probably raise the river.

Hand 2 :Fine. But a bet is good, too.