Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: traz
Exactly what I expected 0 0%
Pretty much what I expected 2 8.70%
Kinda what I expected 2 8.70%
Not really what I expected 11 47.83%
Definitely not what I expected 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Beat: Absolute is *actually* rigged (serious) (read me)

[ QUOTE ]
bump for hudgeness

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-16-2007, 08:46 AM

wow...
Old 09-16-2007, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hypothesis: MARK SEIF = GRAYCAT, DOUBLEDRAG

- Seif lost alot on AP (at least half a million, maybe more): he wanted to get his money back.
Also: http://www.internettexasholdem.com/p...s-vt34808.html
MARK SEIF wouldn't have to "hack" into AP to get access to the "superuseraccount". He already had access to it!

- Seif was fired as an AP-pro a few months ago, 1.5-2 months ago they hired him again. Around that time the GRAYCAT account showed up.

Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful now. Eventhough I suspect that the "why" and the "who" behind this thing will eventually be along those, or similiar, lines.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Will this controversy kill the site, probably not but it should hurt their traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

i enjoy your optimism

in all seriousness though, AP has seemingly done everything possible to make traffic die (cut rb, change bonuses, etc)

and nevertheless, their traffic is higher than ever. even if the [censored] hits the fan here big time, i bet it wont put a dent in their numbers.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cannot believe there are still people naive enough to continue to beat the "a site has too much to lose to rig the games so that's why it can't happen" drum. C'mon people.

[/ QUOTE ]

While, of course, that is possible, from what I've read in here, it is possible that they've been hacked, or it is a disgruntled ex-employee, or even a current employee who is doing this without AP's authorisation.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, many things are possible. I was specifically referring the people that seem to want to bury their head in the sand and not consider different possibilities.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:17 AM

If there is truly a "superuser" account and there are multiple accounts linked to it, then it would have to be enabled by an internal person at absolute. I'm not saying AP approved of this enabling, but someone internal would have to enabled this feature on the account.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:18 AM

a site like absolute becoming blacklisted can instantly kill its action.

what people are failing to grasp, I think, is the fact that due to the february '06 article the ABILITY TO COMPROMISE THE SYSTEM has potentially been around for almost 18 MONTHS

as such, what is to stop Absolute from hiring a bunch of poor costa ricans or american college students, have them sign a contract, and make them play with the ability to see cards at lower stakes, with absolute getting a large cut of the profits?

more importantly,

IT IS VERY POSSIBLE THAT IN THE LAST 18 MONTHS AT ABSOLUTE MANY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO USE SUPER-ACCOUNTS AT ALL STAKES WHILE NOT MAKING IT OBVIOUS

people worry that this is just a high stakes issue performed by 1 or 2 cunning crooks. I am simply stating that the *potential* is significantly greater than that. We are talking across all stakes with a potential for hundreds of people having worked as shills for Absolute.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:23 AM

I really do feel that Absolute has known about this and will make zero to no effort behind the scenes to stop this. I also think that in the state its in that if I was in many of my friends places that still play on there that I would consider getting every single penny I have there out.

If it becomes public knowledge that Absolute has endorsed people playing on rigged accounts for them then its more than likely that it will pull up its roots and seize all the funds it has.

I don't want to be any conspiracy theorist but when a site as sleazy as Absolute releases someones private information (IE yellowsub transfer stuff) then it wouldn't surprise me one bit that it would also be trying to steal from its player base.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it becomes public knowledge that Absolute has endorsed people playing on rigged accounts for them then its more than likely that it will pull up its roots and seize all the funds it has.

[/ QUOTE ]
you think so? the moment that happens they can forget about their UB brand too...then again, if they rly used shills w/ rigged accts that could happen anyway...hm...nvm.

anyway, speculating about who did what doesnt get us everywhere.

oh and i'd love to read the mod forum thread
Old 09-16-2007, 09:32 AM

Ait people, whos got the balls to play DD on AP now and make it a giant levelfest?

- Do not ever bet

- Call every bet when you have nothing

- Fold to any bet if you have a hand

100% no risk, lol
Closed Thread