Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Who is the best Omaha 8 player in the world?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preds top 5 plo8....

Mute
Worm
Scoop
Greg
Pred

in no particular order, with exception to Scoop leading the pack

[/ QUOTE ]

are you seriously listing yourself as a better all around player than Decisions or Gasss_u? maybe you haven't played with them that much, either that or you are completely delusional.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO @ Gasss_u. Sorry to say it, guys, but this game is just still in very early stages, and "the best" players are not very good as a whole, meaning the top 10% in results.

The top 5 players are probably pretty strong. GAMEOVER_73 would have to be among the tops, as would Buklah if they're not the same guy, simply because they sit HU at high stakes all day and no one seems prepared to take them off. I've played BigRiskky and SirScoopalot a fair amount, and both struck me as dynamic, thinking players who weren't afraid to make big bluffs and big calls, but who seemed to stay well under control in general. Other than that, the reg winners are weak-playing nits IMO, and most are playing stakes (400PL/NL) that many great players don't care about, especially if the game's more than 3-handed.

It's all well and good to determine who's the best now, but if the game continues to grow, I doubt the 6th-10th best players today will be in the top 100 in 2 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gasss, is one of the better players, you said it yourself lower in the paragraph whether you know it or not.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gameover is a friend of mine IRL and i'm pretty sure he would be salivating at a big game full of "pros" who don't regularly play PLO8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask him why he's such a douchebag at the tables. A guy who wins/pulls cards from his ass like him should know better than to berate the poorer players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody's perfect? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gasss, is one of the better players, you said it yourself lower in the paragraph whether you know it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I assume you just don't want to out sn's, which is cool. If he's one of those guys, I'm stunned. Whenever I've played him at LO8, he plays like a coked-up monkey on fire; just ridiculous spewage. I have a hard time believing someone who plays like that as often as he does can be so good at a game with some similar principals, though obviously it's more possible to spew like crazy and win at PLO8 than at LO8. If he's who I think you're saying he is, that makes a lot of sense, and I will definitely be playing him HU 30/60 a lot more. But, he obv must be a player at PLO8, so I stand corrected.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gameover is a friend of mine IRL and i'm pretty sure he would be salivating at a big game full of "pros" who don't regularly play PLO8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask him why he's such a douchebag at the tables. A guy who wins/pulls cards from his ass like him should know better than to berate the poorer players.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's all fun and games until someone loses a fish, right niss?
Old 09-16-2007, 01:32 PM

Buklah = GASSS_U. This is fairly widely known.
And he is a feared PL08 player, I could easily seeing being a spewer at L08.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:22 AM

Buklah

Davebreal

Gameover

Sirscoop

decisions
Old 09-19-2007, 10:23 AM

Location: cook me on your grill and feed me to your neighbors

there needs to be more talk about why mute actually got banned, since the specific incident was totally minor/bs, involving felicia lee
Old 09-19-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buklah

Davebreal

Gameover

Sirscoop

decisions

[/ QUOTE ]

I can accept this, in no particular order, if you're just talking about the online game. I think the online O8 players have a HUGE advantage over their B&M adversaries because of the sheer volume of hands that you can play -- you pick up on the mathematics of the game so much faster online. Online NLH players, by comparision, often can't win in a B&M because they give (or can't see) tells. IMO, you can't really learn how to play PLO8 (or LO8 to a lesser extent) in a B&M the way you can online.

That said, there's a whole big world out there. I think that by not including old fashioned, B&M pros in your debate you're selling short a whole group of players that won't play online for serious money -- they don't trust it because they are paranoid or just old.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there needs to be more talk about why mute actually got banned, since the specific incident was totally minor/bs, involving felicia lee

[/ QUOTE ]

he had many temporary bans before that even happened, and several gimmick accounts that got banned also. it's pretty cut and dry, if you are constantly overly-vulgar on 2+2, you will be permanently banned. needless to say, i would usually fall out of my chair laughing at his posts.

regardless, the bottom line is that he made a decision to leave the poker world and probably doesn't care that he's banned. if he was seeking attention or interaction, he'd be posting on his livejournal. i think if he makes another major run at the games, he'll post some new stuff there.

i'm not positive, but it's more than likely that the mods gave him an IP Address ban, so he would have to post from a gimmick account from a different address if they don't repeal it.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buklah

Davebreal

Gameover

Sirscoop

decisions

[/ QUOTE ]

top 5 PLO8 trash talkers of all time?

HakAllah

Gameover

Decisions

Davebreal