Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
need more popcorn

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT.

In all seriousness, I've been starting to follow this more closely the last couple days. Very interesting stuff and I want to give a collective 'thank you' and 'nice work' to everyone who has been working on this.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:49 AM

Good concise summary.

A few other points:

-As has been mentioned above, the account with user id #363 was likely created before Absolute went public, further pointing to the fact it was an inside job.

-A good hypothetical timeline for how things played out written by Dan Druff can be found here. There is a decent amount of speculation in this link but it all fits the evidence nicely.

- http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...2&fpart=all is the thread started on 9/21 some days after the story first broke with a good summary of why experienced internet poker players who have examined the evidence (nearly) unanimously agreed this was a case of cheating long before the latest developments.

-More good links and info can be found at http://www.absolutepokercheats.com/statisticalanalysis (site referenced in op, but there is a lot of other good info here).

-AP has blatantly lied throughout, saying they carried out an investigation and that no cheating occurred. While it remains technically possible AP is really this daft, the far more likely explanation is that they are covering this up.

-P5s has severed advertising links with Absolute as explained in this post on P5s. In this post, the P5 admin Adam says that he has been on the phone with Absolute and that they are still professing their innocence, even offering Adam access to their "office and systems". Bonus whores (an influential bonus information site) has blacklisted them (see http://www.bonuswhores.com/blacklisted-sites.php).

Thats all I can think of for now.

Edit: One other important thing from the other thread is that cardplayer has talked to TheWacoKid about doing an interview, and Nat mentioned Bluff will likely write something about this too, which he will get to review.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:45 PM

To anyone has a digg account, digg this story and hopefuly we'll get it onto the front page. The older submission won't make it because they are so old.

http://digg.com/security/Major_Onlin...ght_Cheating_2
Old 10-16-2007, 11:48 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

[ QUOTE ]
To anyone has a digg account, digg this story and hopefuly we'll get it onto the front page. The older submission won't make it because they are so old.

[/ QUOTE ]

personally i think we should work on rewording that and then all sign up for digg accounts
Old 10-16-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

personally i think we should work on rewording that and then all sign up for digg accounts

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess digg users and 2p2 don't go hand and hand... If we don't get 40-70 people to digg it within a few hours it'll never get posted. As long as the url is unique, you can submit it again. I didn't get the impression that apcheats.com has the bandwidth to withstand a barrage of hits from digg.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't get the impression that apcheats.com has the bandwidth to withstand a barrage of hits from digg.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is hosted on a google server. I don't imagine it will have any trouble.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:52 PM

Digg can be a very powerfull tool for spreading this information. If we can revise the story like Fatal suggests, and then digg it up quickly right after submission, we might get it to the front page. After that, it can take off. Let's try it!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:52 PM

Slashdot seems like the place for this, this seems like something they'd eat up.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Digg can be a very powerfull tool of spreading this information. If we can revise the story like Fatal suggests, and then digg it up quickly right after submission, we might get it to the front page. After that, it can take off. Let's try it!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't really reword it... Just use another URL. Actually, we should just do this tomorrow rather than midnight EST. You really need 40-70 people to digg the story in a short period of time to get the story on the front page.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:18 AM

ABS poker must issue an official statement on their site acknowledging what indeed happened. There was clearly a security breach. This is not the death-knell to acknowledge this. It ***IS*** the death knell to lie about it. [censored] happens with computers and nothing is infallible. I think they can get their trust back simply by acknowledging what happened and the steps taken to prevent it from occurring in the future. They also must refund all stolen funds without further delay to those players who were victims. By doing all of this they can salvage and begin rebuilding trust.

The stock market is full of rogue insiders and the SEC does it's best to stop it. That doesn't prevent people from investing.

ABSOLUTE Poker - get your [censored] together or you will go down in flames.
Closed Thread