Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 04:29 PM

Default Ask Shant about T-shirts

I design and screenprint my own shirts. I sell them online, and sometimes in stores. I have t-shirts that I've had since I was a kid because I liked the designs. I have bought t-shirts that don't fit me. I have spent hours at thrift stores looking through boxes of t-shirts. I collect t-shirts. I am making a quilt out of some of my favorites. I have framed and hung t-shirts on walls. I own books about t-shirts. I have impeccable taste in t-shirts and am complimented frequently on ones I am wearing.

Now that you know I'm qualified, go ahead and ask me some stuff. If you are planning on buying some t-shirts online, give me some links and I'll let you borrow my awesome taste. If you need some t-shirt reccomendations, give me some stuff you like and I'll find you some rad ones, new or used.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Ask Shant about T-shirts

What's the most offensive T-Shirt you ever saw?

What's the funniest T-Shirt you ever saw?
Old 03-27-2006, 04:31 PM

Shant - I never really wore T-shirts alot until I moved to LA, a definite T-shirt city.

I like a good-fit (not too tight) higher quality T-shirt. Subtle designs (though most of mine are just solid color). I get them from American Apparel. What other t-shirts manufacturers would you recommend?

-Al
Old 03-27-2006, 04:33 PM

shant,

what do you think of xlarge brand tshirts? I am a big fan. I don't spend much time shopping for clothes so I kind of find one brand whose fit I like and then order a lot from them. Any suggestions or large sites with a lot of brands in one place to shop around?

[ QUOTE ]
What's the most offensive T-Shirt you ever saw?

What's the funniest T-Shirt you ever saw?

[/ QUOTE ]
Two really good questions. I need some time to think about these but I will answer.

Do I look clean in my white tee?
Old 03-27-2006, 04:34 PM

Shant, please PM me with your website. Do you ship to Canada?

As for a t-shirt question: Do you prefer solid coloured or patterned (like striped) fabric for t-shirts? Also, do you prefer a large or small emblem/picture?
Old 03-27-2006, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I design and screenprint my own shirts. I sell them online, and sometimes in stores. I have t-shirts that I've had since I was a kid because I liked the designs. I have bought t-shirts that don't fit me. I have spent hours at thrift stores looking through boxes of t-shirts. I collect t-shirts. I am making a quilt out of some of my favorites. I have framed and hung t-shirts on walls. I own books about t-shirts. I have impeccable taste in t-shirts and am complimented frequently on ones I am wearing.

Now that you know I'm qualified, go ahead and ask me some stuff. If you are planning on buying some t-shirts online, give me some links and I'll let you borrow my awesome taste. If you need some t-shirt reccomendations, give me some stuff you like and I'll find you some rad ones, new or used.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect. Shant, I wanna buy some cool tshirts. I've found a few blogs and e-commerce sites, but I defer to your expertise. I want shirts that will be cool on their own, and also will work under a blazer for going out.

I want to avoid knock offs that you could buy in the hot topics of the world, like the plague.

I think abstract designs, would work well as would sketches of certain musicians or athletes. Pop culture refferences could work, but they tend to be a little kitsch.

GO!

edit: the response to soul daddy's q. could be very similar to mine.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:36 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

Is that what you are doing in Costa Rica? Looking for potential sweat shop locations?
Old 03-27-2006, 04:36 PM

Who has more t-shirts, you or bdk3clash?