Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Japan - WTF?

[ QUOTE ]
1) Japan is the greatest country on earth.
2) The Japanese people are superior to all other races.
3) Japanese government and rulers are wise and just.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true at all.

Percentage wise, more white Americans think like 1) & 2) (change the "Japan" to "the United States" and change "Japanese" to "American") than Japanese people, IMO.

I went to Japanese school, and none of the teachers ever said any of the above. Also, I know quite a few Japanese people, but I never met anyone who thinks that Japan is the greatest country on earth, Japanese people are superior than other races, or Japanese government and rulers are wise and just.

I do agree that a lot of Japanese think that Japan is the greatest place to live for them because of the easy access to the food that they like, the language that they understand, the 4 seasons that they love, and so on, but my guess is that that's not what you're talking about.

Where did you get this idea?
Old 03-18-2007, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Uhm... the last time we were involved in a war with China, we are ALLIES against the Japanese...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't tell the Marines. link
Old 03-18-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Uhm... the last time we were involved in a war with China, we are ALLIES against the Japanese...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't tell the Marines. link

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't tell, don't ask! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Just reminded me how it is possible to turn a lost battle in a valiant effort. Not meaning any disrespects to the troops ny any means, it is your politicians I hold responsible in the same way it was in Vietnam. In the Chosin battle, it was at least a UN mission, albeit lead by, and definitely also orchestrated by, the US.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Japan is the greatest country on earth.
2) The Japanese people are superior to all other races.
3) Japanese government and rulers are wise and just.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true at all.

Percentage wise, more white Americans think like 1) & 2) (change the "Japan" to "the United States" and change "Japanese" to "American") than Japanese people, IMO.

I went to Japanese school, and none of the teachers ever said any of the above. Also, I know quite a few Japanese people, but I never met anyone who thinks that Japan is the greatest country on earth, Japanese people are superior than other races, or Japanese government and rulers are wise and just.

I do agree that a lot of Japanese think that Japan is the greatest place to live for them because of the easy access to the food that they like, the language that they understand, the 4 seasons that they love, and so on, but my guess is that that's not what you're talking about.

Where did you get this idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

Was about to say much the same, though i couldnt contradict that Japan felt this way, Americans certainly do.

Plus the fact that America hasnt realised the enlightened decision that war is unnecessary.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus the fact that America hasnt realised the enlightened decision that war is unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least the administration in America hasn't. I fervently hope that, like in my country (we are allies), as well as in many other countries, the majority have realized that. Go bro! The majority of the world supports you, and need you!
Old 03-18-2007, 08:02 AM

Just because the majority of the world believes war in general is justifiable and necessary, doesnt make it right.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just because the majority of the world believes war in general is justifiable and necessary, doesnt make it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is, sort of, what I meant... The majority of the world is moving to a position that opposes unwarranted or whimsical decisions, and, surely, does not support those made solely on self/particular/narrowly national interests.

As I said before, in other ways, I feel that the US has sqandered all, and more than, the international goodwill it generated during WWII, since then.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2007, 08:51 AM

Has the Japanese society ever admitted guilt? I'm curious, I am left with the impression that they haven't been through the process that has been in i.e. Germany, but really don't know.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is, sort of, what I meant... The majority of the world is moving to a position that opposes unwarranted or whimsical decisions, and, surely, does not support those made solely on self/particular/narrowly national interests.

As I said before, in other ways, I feel that the US has sqandered all, and more than, the international goodwill it generated during WWII, since then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much time in BBV - i thought it was straight up sarcasm.

NP dude.

Fwiw they have squandered WW2 good will on Vietnam, and 9/11 goodwill on Iraq. Sometimes humanity is doomed to repeat its mistakes until it learns from them.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Midge, enjoy your bat signal-like posting prowess whenever an opportunity arises to bash America. I for one would feel empty without your unceasing commitment to such profundities as "The majority of the world is moving to a position that opposes unwarranted or whimsical decisions." Thanks again and I will do my best to get the word out to my fellow Americans.