Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Fossilman\'s Stars Account Hacked?

[ QUOTE ]
has anyone ever had their account hacked by a joyrider and find extra money in it?

like they wanted to play high stakes, and ended up winning money for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

On december 1st, I got hack. From three o'clock in the morning till 9 o'clock, the guy played poker...

I had couple of thousand in my account...

But what was funny was that when the guys first start playing like a donk, he went from a 600$ buy-in at NL600 to 4000$ in like 3h. He was hitting EVERYTHING. Two times, he hit quads; he was hitting all his draw, etc, etc.

If I had log in my account this morning, i would have more money than when I left couple of days before... I would also have see one table open, so I would have suspect something and change my password...

So I would have more money after being hacked! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Too bad I didnt want to play poker on this morning........ [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The password probably had the word fossil or lizard in it.

Something like fossildog or lizardeyes

[/ QUOTE ]

considering greg isnt 7 anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

Buddy, i'm not the one who keeps a fossil at the table and wears reptile sunglasses, and got my account hacked from using a password easy enough for some punk to guess it Now let's consider what? Age? Okay, maybe used something really mature like 2004champ. LOL I seriously doubt it took a CIA code breaker to get in. Keep in mind that the idiot who got in was dumping the money off to his account right in front of a lot of witnesses.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Buddy, i'm not the one who keeps a fossil at the table and wears reptile sunglasses, and got my account hacked from using a password easy enough for some punk to guess it Now let's consider what? Age? Okay, maybe used something really mature like 2004champ. LOL I seriously doubt it took a CIA code breaker to get in. Keep in mind that the idiot who got in was dumping the money off to his account right in front of a lot of witnesses.

[/ QUOTE ]

But when he wakes up in the morning, he will still be Greg Raymer and you will still be.....???
Old 03-19-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But when he wakes up in the morning, he will still be Greg Raymer and you will still be.....???

[/ QUOTE ]

The same happy SOB I've been all these years. And even more happy that I am not Greg Raymer. Nothing against Greg, nice guy, poor choices in passwords. And you will still be the little wise@$$ 10 years from now that you are today.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:22 PM

It would be nice if we could receive confirmation from Greg that his password was uber-easy to guess.
If it was a bit more complicated then I guess it's more likely to a be a key-logger issue.

Even something like ThanksForBustingMeMike would be tougher to guess than 2004WSOPChamp
Old 03-19-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dids,

GG's name is wsop2005, nothing involving champ or whatever.

and he is a good guy, what are you picking on?

that and answer my question for you in your gym thread i am really curious about your haps in the workout dept.

that is all, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] J.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a reason it was wsop2005...

I'm not picking on him so much as all of the people who thought it would be a good idea to back him. Plus the whole user name thing is probably reason enough for me.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:06 PM

How much $$$ did you have in your account?
Old 03-19-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Now that I've read lots of these posts, I'm a big fan of the idea of having a separate ID name, different from your screenname, that you use along with a password when you login. This way, if you got locked out, you could change your ID and your password, and the person trying to hassle you would have to guess your ID name in order to get you locked out again. And, if they're trying to hack into your account, they'd have to guess your ID name and password, simultaneously, to succeed. That makes it WAY less likely that somebody could do it without using spyware or something to get the information from your computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems like one of the most logical and easy-to-implement fixes. please use your pull w/ Stars, Greg!

take care.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:01 PM

Using "AriehIsAHomo" probably wasn't the best idea, anyone would have guessed that.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Using "AriehIsAHomo" probably wasn't the best idea, anyone would have guessed that.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i totally knew he was a [censored].