Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: EZ Valuebet? 400 NL

no offence, but this is pretty bad play by both of you. why c/c c/c c/c?
Old 04-29-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wpr raises a wide range UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying in general or it's like a leak? Who are you on stars?

[/ QUOTE ]
You can answer that better than me. I was just going by my sample size in my pt which I have you at like 18 pfr utg. Not saying it was a leak but that you probably have a few T hands in your range. However, look at your utg pfr compared to your button pfr. If it's similar to what I have, it's prob a leak. I'm UCIpitcher.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:05 PM

This hand seems really bad by both of you
Old 04-29-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wpr raises a wide range UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying in general or it's like a leak? Who are you on stars?

[/ QUOTE ]
You can answer that better than me. I was just going by my sample size in my pt which I have you at like 18 pfr utg. Not saying it was a leak but that you probably have a few T hands in your range. However, look at your utg pfr compared to your button pfr. If it's similar to what I have, it's prob a leak. I'm UCIpitcher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have myself at about a 12 point difference from UTG to button although this probably should be higher and I've adjusted some lately.

I don't get how you guys have much with such wildly different stats. OP is says I'm overall 15/11 and you are saying my UTG stats are 18/18. Seems pretty strange.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no offence, but this is pretty bad play by both of you. why c/c c/c c/c?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot control? The action is not how you described btw, look at it again.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:20 PM

Ok my sample size is only like 650 hands. There is so much that needs to be taken in consideration in hands like this (Does hero know villains utg raising range, what does villain think that hero thinks his utg range is, etc). If hero hasn't been messing with wpr's utg raises then I'd argue that wpr played this hand well. However, if this is the case than op is missing opportunities preflop. I can go into this into a lot more depth but I wont. Do you guys consider this kind of stuff while playing?
Old 04-29-2007, 11:30 PM

I do think about what you said. I still don't get why some think this hand was played so poorly by me. I'm the preflop raiser and my 3/4 cb gets called on an extremely dry board. For this reason I thought there was a good chance that he would float me on the turn. He could also be calling with a ten on the flop. If I double barrel he's prob going to fold but if I check and turn/river are blanks and then bet the river he is a lot more likely to call me.

650 hands is a enough for preflop to stats to converge in my opinion. I only have 34 hands with u in my current DB cause I started a new one about two months ago. OP is it possible you have a lot of hands with me at FR? I do know for a fact though that I used to not value position enough.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do think about what you said. I still don't get why some think this hand was played so poorly by me. I'm the preflop raiser and my 3/4 cb gets called on an extremely dry board. For this reason I thought there was a good chance that he would float me on the turn. He could also be calling with a ten on the flop. If I double barrel he's prob going to fold but if I check and turn/river are blanks and then bet the river he is a lot more likely to call me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok if this was your thinking you played it poorly IMO.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:43 PM

I think wpr played this fine. I fold most one pair hands if he fires turn again, and I will def bluf some turns. Riv c/c is debatable, but if he knows i will make thin river bets than its fine.

I was mixing up my PF play, and I Reraise QQ about %85 of the time. We have played quite a bit in the past, so i think mixing it up by both of us is fine.

WPR- I only have 419 hands on you in 2007. My 2006 DB is corrupted, so I dunno what you used to run at
Old 04-29-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok if this was your thinking you played it poorly IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Where am I going wrong? What makes you the master arbitor on what is right and wrong here?

Basically I don't understand your point in making a post like this telling me I suck unless your going to elaborate atleast a little.