Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Joey Crawford versus Tim Duncan

This is from Marc Stein's insider commentary in regards to Duncan's allegations that Crawford challenged him to fight, interesting if true

[ QUOTE ]
And with players on both sides telling me they heard the word "fight" tossed around on the floor, I have no reason to doubt the veracity of Duncan's account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really get this either, the question was clearly asked about something Duncan might've said BEFORE he got ejected

[ QUOTE ]
Crawford on Duncan's contention that he said nothing to warrant two technicals: "That's his opinion. He said nothing when he was walking off the court and he called me a piece of [blank]? Is that nothing?

[/ QUOTE ]

If Crawford really did ask Duncan to fight, he needs to be fired. Not suspended or fined, fired.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If Crawford really did ask Duncan to fight, he needs to be fired. Not suspended or fined, fired.

[/ QUOTE ]

either that or he should actually have to fight duncan
Old 04-16-2007, 08:00 PM

Tim Duncan = god.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was Jake O'Donnell and I'm pretty sure I would have murdered him if the Rockets had lost.

Interestingly enough, he never worked another NBA game after that. The league quietly took him out of the playoff rotation and quietly let him go after the season.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, if I knew this tidbit then I forgot it a long time ago. O'Donnell was one of the most respected refs in history up to that point, and I didn't remember him pulling crap like that (whereas Steve Javie was also around back then and I definitely remember him being a spaz).
Old 04-16-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was Jake O'Donnell and I'm pretty sure I would have murdered him if the Rockets had lost.

Interestingly enough, he never worked another NBA game after that. The league quietly took him out of the playoff rotation and quietly let him go after the season.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, if I knew this tidbit then I forgot it a long time ago. O'Donnell was one of the most respected refs in history up to that point, and I didn't remember him pulling crap like that (whereas Steve Javie was also around back then and I definitely remember him being a spaz).

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone kneecaps Clyde and takes him out of Dancing With the Stars, Tonya Harding-style, O'Donnell better have a tight alibi.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that it is frustrating watching TD bitch and moan like he does. His game is so fun to watch , but that's a big black mark for him.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess some of us get our enjoyment from jab-step bankshots and good defense. I almost cried when ABC did that little insert showing Duncan owning Diop like 5 times in a row with the same move, it was so beautiful.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:56 AM

I'm a very loose follower of the NBA and am no way a Spurs/Duncan fan but this pisses me off severely.

I really hate how so many refs ruin the game (NBA, NCAA football and basketball in particular) in the world today. Ed Hightower in NCAA basketball is the worst. These guys need to realize their role and get over their egos, and not control the game like so many do.

On Sportscenter today, they said the Spurs were 14-2 their last 16 games. The 2 losses were both games that Crawford reffed, and he gave Duncan a T in both (his only Ts of those games).

I was watching this game when it happened and watched it again on replay tonight and it's just a joke. Crawford made so many horrible calls, and the offensive foul on Duncan that Darko said was actually a foul is just laughable. Duncan drives with the ball dribbling with his right arm and his left arm is in a running motion and brushes the defender who isn't even affected by it in any way and they call an offensive foul? Pulease. Looked to me like Crawfrod deserved an earful.

Then to call 2 fouls on Duncan from the bench????

Ugh, this is why I hate sports sometimes.

I don't care if Duncan does bitch all the time. It seems like tons of NBA players do it and with refs like Crawford it seems like they are entitled to it.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't Crawford T him up right there on the court and tell him that if he doesn't stop his bitching and moaning that he is going to ruin the game for the rest of his team by watching the game from the locker room...instead he lets himself get red in the face and then T's him up when Duncan is doing something less severe from the bench so then Crawford ends up looking like more of the ass than Duncan. This is the epitome of not knowing how to handle situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this mouthy kid in a Summer league I used to ref. The kid was a royal pain in the ass and would ruin the game with his mouth. So I decided I wasn't going to [censored] around with this kid anymore so before the game I pulled him aside and told him my tolerance for his bs was real low so he was fair warned.

It didn't do any good and at the first call he didn't like he started yapping and I gave him a T immediately. He started complaining about the T and I reminded him that I had given him fair warning and wasn't going to listen to anymore of it and that if he said one more word he was getting a second T and ejection. So he says "but" and before he could get another word out I said that's one more word "you're gone".

Next game I had the kid, not a peep.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:08 PM

No one linked to a video yet, so here goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGeNW...ed&search=
Old 04-17-2007, 02:12 PM

Joey Crawford has been suspended:

[ QUOTE ]
NBA referee Joey Crawford has been indefinitely suspended for improper conduct toward Tim Duncan during the San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks game on April 15, it was announced today by NBA Commissioner David Stern. The conduct included Crawford's assessment of a second technical foul and ejection of Duncan following laughter by the player while he was seated on the bench, and inappropriate comments made to Duncan during the game.

Crawford's suspension will cover at least the remainder of the 2006-07 season, including the NBA Playoffs and Finals.

[/ QUOTE ]