Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (7/10 - 5k mixed holdem and $1,500 NL)

[ QUOTE ]
is anyone watching it in HD? I bet it looks perfect, too bad I decided not to pay the extra for the 3 extra HD channels. blahh fhsdjhfsdf

[/ QUOTE ]

I was watching in HD on my brother's 50 something inch TV and needless to say it looks amazing.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF? Am I the only person alive without a widescreen TV? Everything is chopped off!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at being poor
Old 07-11-2007, 03:21 PM

I didn't find O'Leary unlikable at all. He did get hit in the face with the deck from what was shown, but I don't think he was that out of line.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:45 PM

Would you guys have watched this in real time as one of ESPN's pay-per-view live events for, say, 5.99-7.99?

They probably think that most people would not.

I will be watching the FT of the ME on pay-per-view, but I just don't think they'll really get as involved as we'd like them to with these earlier events.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't find O'Leary unlikable at all. He did get hit in the face with the deck from what was shown, but I don't think he was that out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Dude seemed mad chill.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:58 PM

i'm a big norman chad fan, but he didn't seem very into it. the editing seemed lazy two, especialy when they skipped the bustouts of 4th and 5th place. hate the new graphics.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:33 PM

-The way it is shown now makes it sort-of "hollywood"-ish. Not saying it's good or bad, it just has to grow on me.

-I kinda liked the new graphics and running pot sizes and actions from the players being displayed.

-IDK bout you guys, but I tend to tune out Norman Chad and Lon McEachern. I try to focus more on the table banter makes for a better expericence.

-I really enjoyed how Mr. Smokey didn't slow play any of his big made hands. Amazing how much that works and you just get paid off. (No offense stevepa)

-Big C seemed like a fun guy, I had no problem w/ his antics. Also his play w/ the 77 was way above the rim, very unlikely AJ has the ace there w/ the action. Then Alex with 2nd pair, a lil tough to fold short handed w/ a drawy board (but it was for all ur chips???). I def. don't blame Alex for calling since it woulda been baller if he was correct. Givin that...ENOUGH with all these "hero" calls they cannot be plus eeee veee!

-Anybody w/o HDTV who has the capability to watch these broadcasts over on ESPN360 I highly recommend it! It just looked so pretty and stylized [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. Big-ups for that ESPN!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:16 PM

Alex - loved when you asked the first guy you busted at the final table if he knew you were under the gun...NH
Old 07-12-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Alex seems pretty cool n all but when the action got around to Bart in the first hand Alex started asking Bart what he was thinking. Was that appropriate?

Maybe after playing with Bart so much Alex knew Bart was cool with it. But all I could think when Alex was saying "So Bart what are you thinking?" It would have been semi funny for Bart to say "I'm thinking when you aren't involved in a hand you should get the aba shush"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is Bart at the Bicycle who does the commentating ... that was the whole schtick they had going about "hearing voices" etc. I am sure they know each other more than just at this table our tournament and that they were all kidding him about how it was to play and have other people criticize his play.

NCAces
Old 07-12-2007, 04:57 AM

I counted the number of hands they showed in the first episode. I got 11, counting any where they showed at least some preflop action. There were at least 6 major non-poker segments, e.g. the interviews with players.