Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2006, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Buying New Monitor and Computer

Dementia,
Thanks for your help. I looked at the parts you suggested. The motherboard, hard drive, DVD drive, processor, and sound card all look good and I plan on buying those.

The video card I'm not sure about. I won't really be using my computer for any graphics-intensive gaming. What video card would you recommend thats a step below the original suggestion?

I found another power supply that seems to look good. It's gotten a bunch of really good reviews and has a little bit more watts than the other power supply. Here's the link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817104015

The case you recommended already comes with a smaller power supply. Can I remove it? I'm going to look at other cases and see if there's any good ones with a bunch of fans that don't come with power supplies.

When I build this computer, what tools will I need?
Also, are there any cheap programs or ways to transfer large amounts of files to my new computer from my old comp? Something like a USB cord and program?
Also, about the video card, I may be getting a 3rd monitor eventually, would i have to buy another video card for that? If I did, could I buy a cheaper video card for the 3rd monitor, if lets say i bought the $500 video card?