Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Default 25c/50c NLO8 turn decision

.25/.50 NLO8 on Stars. SB bought in for a short-stack. He's not doing it as a strategy...he's loose with it.

MP is passive pre-flop and post-flop. I tried to price him out of a flop and turn 10 minutes ago, but he called with an OESD with no backup and no low draw on a two-flush flop.
If he raises, I get the sense I'm dead because of his tendency to just call thus far. He may be calling so freely because he has a big stack.

I intentionally have a short-stack. Bought in for $10 trying out Rolf Slotboom's short-stack PLO theory in a hi/lo game. However, by this point, the aggro that was on my left is gone from the table. And I'm trying to protect myself from my lack of skill. The $10 buy-in is 5% of my online bankroll.

BB -- $8
MP -- $60
HERO -- $17.50

Pretty sure I'll get into this for a single bet. The table has slowed down considerably.

2 limps including HERO, SB folds, BB checks

HERO: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

FLOP: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players / $1.50)</font>
BB bets $1, MP quickly calls, HERO calls.

TURN: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players / $4.50)</font>
BB bets $4, MP calls slower than last time, HERO...

If J9 were out there, I think I would have heard of it by now...MP would have taken it on the turn. If BB has J9 there's not much more he can do to me with his money left. However I believe MP will pay me off with worse hands than J9.