Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Ipods

tuq/others:

I used to feel the same about Quicktime/iTunes. But it's not really that bad. QT's default file associations are only QT audio/video/picture files. It doesn't (anymore) try to take over mp3, avi, or any other common non-apple ones. The only minor annoyance is the taskbar icon, which is easy enough to disable with a right-click->settings.

As far as iTunes - I don't really get the bad rap. I think it's a very good player. I don't even have an iPod. I'm weird - I use iTunes to manage my library/playlists, but listen to everything with Winamp. The only thing that stops me from using it as a player is that I can't shrink it down to a slim bar and/or auto-hide the playlist like winamp can. It does lack the open source add ons, but I don't think I even use any in Winamp. I love that it has built-in volume normalizer and gapless playback, which I could never seem to get working effectively in Winamp.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:00 PM

The expansion slot is a good idea. For one, some people specifically want a flash-based player vs a drive. For another, microSD capacities are going up so fast - a year from now you will probably be able to get at least 8gb cards, doubling the capacity of a nano.

Right now, people who bought a 2gb sansa a year ago can like quadruple their capacity for $25. That's a lot cheaper than going out and buying a whole new 30-80gb player.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:01 PM

Plus what makes a Nano great is their size. I don't want a slot for a memory card making the bigger. Plus it is going to cost $100 to jump the capacity up a few gigs, not worth it. I just change up the music on my Nano anytime i want to. You are never going to listen to 2000 songs the Nano can hold in between being by your computer.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:02 PM

mrwookie i dont care for your posting style

maybe you're not an ass in real life, but don't pour your frustrations out in oot please. thank you.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why would you need a 2-8gb expansion slot on an 80 gb player?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about for the Nano's, which have only 1-8gb to start?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about then.... buying a bigger [censored] ipod?

The whole point is that you can buy a larger ipod. If a 4 gig is too small tough, buy an 80; at which point a 1-8 gig enhancement will be worthless and annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are more significant differences between the nano and the larger ipods than their capacity. If you don't understand this then please stfu. k, thanks.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tuq/others:

I used to feel the same about Quicktime/iTunes. But it's not really that bad. QT's default file associations are only QT audio/video/picture files. It doesn't (anymore) try to take over mp3, avi, or any other common non-apple ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got prompted to reinstall quicktime by my Sansa HD-based player. QT had itself set as the default for dozens of media files, including things like .tiffs and AutoCAD. It was grabbing most everything.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

maybe you're not an ass in real life, but don't pour your frustrations out in oot please. thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesn't pour his frustrations on oot. he pours them in a glass and drinks them.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why would you need a 2-8gb expansion slot on an 80 gb player?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about for the Nano's, which have only 1-8gb to start?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about then.... buying a bigger [censored] ipod?

The whole point is that you can buy a larger ipod. If a 4 gig is too small tough, buy an 80; at which point a 1-8 gig enhancement will be worthless and annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are more significant differences between the nano and the larger ipods than their capacity. If you don't understand this then please stfu. k, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

zomgz, price, video, zomgz a major corporation doesn't make a product exactly tailored to my wants and needs? I cant order an ipod with exactly 13.5 gigs??? OH NOOSSSSSS
Old 05-25-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesn't pour his frustrations on oot. he pours them in a glass and drinks them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. Nicely done.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wireless would be the nuts with redraws

[/ QUOTE ]

stop that.

[/ QUOTE ]

30 Helens agree: