Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 21 Discussion -spoiler free-

mason just curious how you watch Lost every week from Spain. do you download from [censored] sources? using slingbox/orb? you can't watch on abc.com, right? or do you use a proxy ip address?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mason just curious how you watch Lost every week from Spain. do you download from [censored] sources? using slingbox/orb? you can't watch on abc.com, right? or do you use a proxy ip address?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was downloading it from a place which shall not be named and using TVUPlayer or SopCast before both dropped their ABC feeds. i'm back in the US now though (see loc) so i get to watch in real time again (woo!).
Old 05-17-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with Dids. I don't necessarily believe any Desmond vision that I didn't see for myself. Who's to say that he didn't see himself drowning, used Charlie to do the deed, and then his conscience got the best of him in the end?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to say the exact same thing. Des has always went out of his way to not tell any details of his visions for fear the outcome might change. For something as important as the losties getting rescued, I just don't see him disclosing that info so easily.

Do we know who's flashback it will be next week? I predict it'll be Desmonds, they'll show his *true* vision sometime during the episode, Charlie will die, and because Charlie dies instead of Desmond the rescue won't happen.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:28 PM

Since this is a no spoiler thread and this might be considered a spoiler, I recommend going to TV GUIDE website and checking it out. You can read there who the focus of the flashback is for next week.

I don't get all this Desmond hate (ok, not really hate, but mistrust). I really don't think he was lying at all. I would imagine it would be a giant responsibility to know someone is going to die and try to keep them alive. So now that Charlie has finally accepted his fate, I think Desmond was just being as humane as possible, that is why he decided to let him know what was going on. Also, I think he was planning on taking Charlie's place at the end there as well. Guess we will find out soon enough.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:32 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Overall I have to give this episode a thumbs down. There is no way that if this were actually happening people would not DEMAND Juliette to explain to them what this place is, what it is they do here, and why they all cannot just be sent home. I put up with this initially but now it looks more and more like Juliette is becoming one of the losties and the idea of her spending an extended amount of time with them without being forced to answer these questions is just too illogical for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I recall they did ask her what was up with the Looking Glass and Juliette said she didn't know because nobody she knew had been down there. There was some kind of accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

So either

1. juliette lied and it's a triple double ultra cross on her part

or

2. this is another thing ben lied to them about, which is more likely

either way those people there are kind of stuck right? because without the sub how do you get in and out, scuba gear?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:43 PM

I still am curious if Juliette is on the total up n up.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Talking to a friend about this:

When they say "You need the sub to get off the island"... when they blindfold Juliette...

They don't take the sub from the island to the mainland, there's a portal or something else in The Looking Glass. You need the sub to get to The Looking Glass and whatever is in the Looking Glass gets you to the rest of the world.

Possible? Plausible? At first thought this seems like a pretty solid theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this
Old 05-17-2007, 02:53 PM

For Locke fans....In case anyone is confused on where exactly Locke was shot

not the chest...and doesnt look to life threatning

Old 05-17-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Talking to a friend about this:

When they say "You need the sub to get off the island"... when they blindfold Juliette...

They don't take the sub from the island to the mainland, there's a portal or something else in The Looking Glass. You need the sub to get to The Looking Glass and whatever is in the Looking Glass gets you to the rest of the world.

Possible? Plausible? At first thought this seems like a pretty solid theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. It's one of those things that seems so obvious after someone brings it to your attention.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just think that Desmond's loyalty is greater to her than it is to anybody else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a lot of that going on - ie a lot of characters are more interested in 'selfish' things than anything else.

Bens loyalty is to the island.
Jin and Suns loyalty is to each other.
Juliette's loyalty is to her sister

at the end, many of them have things they value more the other people they have met on the island.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats an on going theme with the only exception being Hurly who always wants to help everone but even her had his selfish moment (re the Bus) But if you go back to the people trying to get off (IE Michael and Walt, jack trying to leave etc etc)