Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Multi-platform games - 3 System Showdown

IMO if there is a cross-platform game that is coming out for the PS3/360/Wii, if you own one of the first two, there is no reason to get it for the Wii. The fun titles for the Wii (Wii play, metroid 3, mario galaxy, super smash, mario kart, etc) are all exclusive to the Wii. A great game on the Wii should be designing specifically for it, not adapted to a totally new control style. The graphics of the Wii just can't handle anywhere near what the PS3/360 can put out.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:36 PM

a) have u played madden for the wii? ea took a lot of time to make sure controls were good and not just 'tacked on'...so madden for wii has much better controls than the other 2, making it the version to get if u value controls...it also has exclusive multiplayer modes and has online in the latest version

b) gh3 has the same play for all 3, but wii adds vibration and guitar speaker so u know u are the one who messed up, not the other person, when playing multiplayer...if u are ok with lesser graphics on a guitar hero game, then the wii version is the one to get there as well

c) we'll see how fifa controls, and as they get better at the controls, all sports games should be better...esp tennis, golf, baseball, football, hockey

d) also, fps are MUCH better with wiimote/nunchuck than standard controller...i'm one of the many people who can't stand fps with controller, so used to only play them on computer for keyboard/mouse...now i can use wiimote as well, so i can play console fps again...check out the new moh this fall that'll have better controls than even metroid along with 32-player online

e) however, if graphics are the most important thing to you (or ability to do headset chat in online mode), then def get it for the 360/ps3

summary: there are definitely REASONS to get a multiplatform game for wii over the other two consoles...u can choose which differences are most important to u in determining which console to get the game for...but controls and exclusive features are definitely REASONS for getting it for the wii
Old 10-08-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b) gh3 has the same play for all 3, but wii adds vibration and guitar speaker so u know u are the one who messed up, not the other person, when playing multiplayer...if u are ok with lesser graphics on a guitar hero game, then the wii version is the one to get there as well

[/ QUOTE ]
Except you forget the wii version won't have downloadable content.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:36 PM

yeah it will; tho i believe it won't have any available on d1, but it def is going to have d/l content in the near future

however, the 360/ps3 have more space, so u can d/l more songs for those than u could for wii most likely...tho maybe wii will get exclusive nintendo songs to d/l (zelda, mario, etc)??

if u are big on d/ling every song possible and uploading ur own songs, then 360/ps3 would be better for u...if u are mainly about playing multiplayer with songs on the disc, then wii is better
Old 10-08-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oblivion arguably looks better on the PS3

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen Oblivion on PS3, but if that's true then they did have a year to work on the engine for it after it was released on 360.

How did the CoD3 review not mention graphics? A lot of people brush aside the graphics argument on Wii cause "the games are more fun and graphics aren't as important", but when comparing multi-platform games the games aren't more fun, so graphics are super important, esp if you have an HDTV.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:20 PM

You make me hate the Wii.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen Oblivion on PS3, but if that's true then they did have a year to work on the engine for it after it was released on 360.

[/ QUOTE ]

You act like they were making the game for the PS3 the whole time. What they did was make the PC version, make a port for the 360, then make a port for the PS3, all at different times. The PC version is best if you have great hardware. The PS3 version has slightly better graphics and the gameplay is the same compared to the 360 version. This is based off personal experience and outside reviews. This just happens to be one game that developers did right for the PS3. The reason isn't because they had more time, it's because they developed the game correctly as opposed to the travesty they call Madden on the PS3.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:25 PM

Well, they were making Oblivion the whole time, and regardless of how much of that effort was directed at PS3 before the other versions were released, they had a year to work on the PS3 version and it's not like they were starting from scratch. Also, none of the game assets would have required modification from the PC/360 versions, so the engine was pretty much the only thing they would have had to work on.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oblivion arguably looks better on the PS3

[/ QUOTE ]

How did the CoD3 review not mention graphics? A lot of people brush aside the graphics argument on Wii cause "the games are more fun and graphics aren't as important", but when comparing multi-platform games the games aren't more fun, so graphics are super important, esp if you have an HDTV.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the game IS more fun on the Wii if you prefer the controls (and I don't see how someone could prefer the dual analogs).
Old 10-08-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, they were making Oblivion the whole time, and regardless of how much of that effort was directed at PS3 before the other versions were released, they had a year to work on the PS3 version and it's not like they were starting from scratch. Also, none of the game assets would have required modification from the PC/360 versions, so the engine was pretty much the only thing they would have had to work on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevertheless, they got it right and it was only a few months behind launch. Who really cares how much development time they spent on it? I honestly don't care if they have been working on it since 1988 if the product turns out that good.