Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: College Basketball Catch up Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 AM

Gators 3 peat obviously.

Anyways, should be excited, the #1 class to go with a bunch of other young guys. Obviously no returning starters, but a sick amount of talent.

SEC isn't anything special, so I expect us to make the dance, probably near 22 wins.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot the best of all:

Old 10-17-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyways, should be excited, the #1 class to go with a bunch of other young guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would (and most other experts) rank Duke's, Syracuse's, Ohio State's, Purdue's and Michigan State's recruiting classes above Florida's.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:23 PM

Southern Illinois will most likely repeat as Valley champs and as best team in the state. With a decent chance of returning to the Sweet 16.
The strength of this years team should lie in the frontcourt with a pair of seniors; undersized center Randal Falker, and Matt Shaw who is an excellent outside shooter. It also features foul-a-minute Junior Tony Boyle, and very good incoming freshman Carlton Fay.
The Salukis also return starting point guard Bryan Mullins, who is an excellent defender and ball handler but will need to improve his outside shooting and carry more of the scoring load this year if the Salukis are to make a deep tourney run.
The question marks in this years team are who will replace outgoing seniors Jamal Tatum and Tony Young. It appears now that Sophomore Josh Bone will be asked to replace Tatum's scoring and Junior Wesley Clemson will replace Young as the defensive stopper.
Just like the last 7 years the Salukis will be one of the best defensive teams in the nation. Success of this years will likely hinge on if the Salukis are able to overcome the loss of MVC POY Jamal Tatum.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyways, should be excited, the #1 class to go with a bunch of other young guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would (and most other experts) rank Duke's, Syracuse's, Ohio State's, Purdue's and Michigan State's recruiting classes above Florida's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so would I actually, but it's basically arguing over who is ranking them. You would agree it's a pretty good class, no?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and it looks like they may have lost their top recruit, Terrence Jennings, for 2008. He was committed but backed out....not sure what will happen now. He was a top 15 player in the nation. I think Kentucky is also on his list of possible schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

He verballed to Louisville a few days ago. I think he's on the Carl Krauser plan of graduating from college when he's 24.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:33 PM

I think it'd be absolutely criminal if Roy Williams finds a way for UNC NOT to win the title this year and I say this as a total and absolute hater of the Tar Heels.

Georgetown's win against them last year was nothing short of a hardwood miracle.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:45 PM

I'm a Pitt fan. I think you'll be seeing a bit of a departure from Panthers teams of old this year. We have a much smaller, quicker team coming back that remains deep. Lots of athletes with a couple good spot up shooters could lead to a more run and gun approach.

Projected Lineup:
PG: Levance Fields
SG: Ronald Ramon
SF: Mike Cook
PF: Sam Young/Tyrell Biggs
C: Dajuan Blair

Blair is a beast and comes from just down the road Schenley High who he led to a state title last year. Fields seems to have resolved his legal troubles and is back with the team on 9 months probation. Cook is a scorer but not a shooter off the wing. Ramon is the team's best shooter and can heat it up in stretches. Young has the potential to be a star but seems to lack motivation or desire. Biggs is a role player down low.

We'll obviously be Tier 2 in the Big East this year after losing Aaron Gray and Levon Kendall and with teams like GTown, Marquette, Syracuse, and Louisville getting stronger.

Either way, another 20 win season and an NCAA berth with a win or two is the most I could possible expect out of this team. Another year and they could be something.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so would I actually, but it's basically arguing over who is ranking them. You would agree it's a pretty good class, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no doubt a solid class.