Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Re: K7s blind steal

bet the turn for value.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:44 AM

I think a better line after this BB 3-bets preflop is to call down on the flop, and value bet into any weakness. Giving action on the flop is potentially going to kill your action if you are ahead.

Given this guy's low aggressiveness, you may consider folding to a turn checkraise if you take the call down/bet into weakness line. If he bets into you on the turn, there's an argument for raising the turn and checking a non-club river.

Finally, given his VPIP, I probably wouldnt attempt to steal with K7s, particularly if he is the type who will peel one on the flop easily.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a better line after this BB 3-bets preflop is to call down on the flop, and value bet into any weakness. Giving action on the flop is potentially going to kill your action if you are ahead.

Given this guy's low aggressiveness, you may consider folding to a turn checkraise if you take the call down/bet into weakness line. If he bets into you on the turn, there's an argument for raising the turn and checking a non-club river.

Finally, given his VPIP, I probably wouldnt attempt to steal with K7s, particularly if he is the type who will peel one on the flop easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) You would bet/fold the turn with the 2nd nut flush draw in a fairly big pot? Reread hand please!

2) Not stealing with K7s against a loose player is leaving money on the table and horrible poker. Dont hand out this kind og advice! You will get your money in with an eq edge and play an easy hand with position and you have a postflop edge against the fishy. LOL @ folding preflop!
Old 06-07-2007, 03:28 PM

i think turn is an easy bet
Old 06-07-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) You would bet/fold the turn with the 2nd nut flush draw in a fairly big pot? Reread hand please!

2) Not stealing with K7s against a loose player is leaving money on the table and horrible poker. Dont hand out this kind og advice! You will get your money in with an eq edge and play an easy hand with position and you have a postflop edge against the fishy. LOL @ folding preflop!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry the point about folding to a c/r on the turn is obviously an error. The second nut draw is a clearl call after a three bet.

As for whether you should raise K7s against loose blinds, I still think the answer is it depends. Blinds who will do a nice check-fold on the flop should be raised, but if they're liable to peel the flop loosely, or call down with any underpair, I fold.

Preflop equity edge is a very simplistic, and incorrect in my view, way of looking at a blind steal situation.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry the point about folding to a c/r on the turn is obviously an error. The second nut draw is a clearl call after a three bet.

As for whether you should raise K7s against loose blinds, I still think the answer is it depends. Blinds who will do a nice check-fold on the flop should be raised, but if they're liable to peel the flop loosely, or call down with any underpair, I fold.

Preflop equity edge is a very simplistic, and incorrect in my view, way of looking at a blind steal situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I mentioned the other reasons as well.

If they peel flop lightly just 2nd barrel. Saying you should fold a good playable hand merely because "but they never fold postflop" is bad advice. The fact that they never fold postflop is one of the reasons why you will win money on raising it. They will sometimes fold incorrectly and they will sometimes call down incorrectly and they will sometimes raise incorrectly.

The point is they will make a lot more mistakes than you will. And since you have position with a hand that has an eq edge against their range preflop, a fold is pretty terrible.