Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 08:59 AM

Default Why I couldn’t accept ACism

At first i agree with minimum state involvement in my body, life and property, i support minimum taxation and idea of minimizing state, but definitely not to the degree that ACism support.

I might be wrong (please correct me here), but IMO the quality of life would extremely deteriorate for all (maybe not for less than 0.1% of population). Security issues, human rights, environment would extremely deteriorate and corruption and power of force would become extremely higher. Social inequality and violence would extremely increase. I'd rather have a small government and smaller taxes, but with state run institutions like courts, military, police and social programs. I don't believe i would feel safer and more free in case of private repressive institutions like police or courts. Can someone enlighten me here, please?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Why I couldn’t accept ACism

[ QUOTE ]
At first i agree with minimum state involvement in my body, life and property, i support minimum taxation and idea of minimizing state, but definitely not to the degree that ACism support.

I might be wrong (please correct me here), but IMO the quality of life would extremely deteriorate for all (maybe not for less than 0.1% of population). Security issues, human rights, environment would extremely deteriorate and corruption and power of force would become extremely higher. Social inequality and violence would extremely increase. I'd rather have a small government and smaller taxes, but with state run institutions like courts, military, police and social programs. I don't believe i would feel safer and more free in case of private repressive institutions like police or courts. Can someone enlighten me here, please?

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I can tell you've just supported the conservative (Republican) ideology.

EDIT: I'm new to the Politics forum and I'm wondering if I totally discredit myself from the start by quoting Rush Limbaugh?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I can tell you've just supported the conservative (Republican) ideology.

EDIT: I'm new to the Politics forum and I'm wondering if I totally discredit myself from the start by quoting Rush Limbaugh?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what a lot of republicans say they support. Their actions speak louder than their words.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's what a lot of republicans say they support. Their actions speak louder than their words.

[/ QUOTE ]

I grudgingly have to agree with you.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All I see is you committing the fallacy of assuming "If government doesn't do it, it won't be done."

Do you really want to base your support of the state on an obvious fallacy?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All I see is you committing the fallacy of assuming "If government doesn't do it, it won't be done."

[/ QUOTE ]

It is no more a fallacy than "Even f the government does take care of the problem the free market can do it better".
Old 09-25-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is no more a fallacy than "Even f the government does take care of the problem the free market can do it better".

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, which is why many ACists on this board painstakingly and patiently provide detailed and logically sound arguments for why the free market would provide certain services better than the state on a case by case basis.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, which is why many ACists on this board painstakingly and patiently provide detailed and logically sound arguments for why the free market would provide certain services better than the state on a case by case basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. The logic is built into the market system itself. By providing many options and allowing each individual as much choice as possible the seller of a product must convince the consumer that his is the best, he must satisfy a consumer's demands better. You don't need a step by step for each individual process since this simple concept covers them all.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. The logic is built into the market system itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

An unsupported axiom.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except they claim that it provides ALL services better than the state without detailed and logical support for many of them.