Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Bluffing in SnGs

the general opinion here seems to be that bluffing is unnecessary and -ev in SnGs or that you dont need it at all besides some cbets/flopbets.
i think this generally is true for the early stages where blinds are at 10/20 till 25/50. When the blinds hit 50/100 i think you need to be able to react to some sort of opponents though. i mean these guy who will try to run over you be minraising/raising your blind every time and then make a cbet every time or very often. they might not be easily detectable in a full ring game but if you play some 5/6 max sngs you will recognize them after a short period.
a common advice against a raise in the later stages is to push or fold, while i like it vs button raisers i think it s usually not good if villain is on the sb. i actually like calling a lot more hands against these guys (keep pushing pairs though) because we re in position against a guy with a huge range who will cbet a lot. if the flop comes k or a high you can just try to raise him off his hand if you hit a pair you can call him down.
my experiences are based mainly on 5 max tournaments, so it might be difficult to just transform them to 10 handed tourneys. what i also like is to raise a sb limper almost every time in the early stages, as he will fold a lot preflop and on the flop and i might scare him to do some crap later on [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].