Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 12:19 AM

Default Re: Neteller Update...

FYI. Canadian EFT transfer worked fine for me. Moved money from AP to neteller on feb. 13th (cleared in 2 days). Requested money from Neteller on Feb.15, got it into my bank account today (feb.20th).
Old 02-21-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI. Canadian EFT transfer worked fine for me. Moved money from AP to neteller on feb. 13th (cleared in 2 days). Requested money from Neteller on Feb.15, got it into my bank account today (feb.20th).

[/ QUOTE ]
So, you're a Canadian resident and always have been, or you set this up recently from the US?
Old 02-21-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So, you're a Canadian resident and always have been, or you set this up recently from the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

Canadian res. always have been. Sorry for any confusion.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone answer this question: Can US citizens still open a Canadian bank account and get their money transfered to that account? What documentation do you need to provide?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aviva, I think any current US related account at Neteller, is going to have trouble converting to a non-US account.

It may not be impossible to prove to Neteller that you moved to Canada, for example, but I would expect that the process would be more difficult than it was previously.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:02 AM

Possible Neteller Good News thread ... we'll see...
Old 02-23-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Possible Neteller Good News thread ... we'll see...

[/ QUOTE ]
Sniper, forgive me, however if I cancelled my pending transactions and we do in fact get paid, I'll be at the back of the line, correct? Is this favorable to being "pending" and possibly seized by the DoJ?
Old 02-23-2007, 05:08 AM

Let's see what becomes of that thread... I primarily linked to it, so when it rolls off, it will be easier to find later, for anyone looking back.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:46 PM

Like numerous other Canadian posters...

After depositing a neteller cheque in US funds into a canadian bank, I received a letter (with the cheque) stating neteller had insufficient funds.

Of course neteller won't answer to this. They have ignored all contact I have made.

Just to be clear - the "insufficient funds" was Neteller not me.

I hope this isn't a prelude of things to come.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:50 PM

By phone, Neteller even has an option for people experiencing "insufficient funds". Not on the account holders side but rather neteller who has displayed insufficient funds.

So with an option on the phone, yet when you ask a rep they have never heard of this before.

Has anyone been sent back a cheque from their bank? Their seems to be no process for this. Of course, legal action is an option, but I would like to exhaust the other ways first.

These guys seem like they are about to go under. Like most have stated before, the US funds that are being held by the feds in the US must be the reason.

I would not use Neteller anymore until they have shown they can handle this situation. Clearly they cannot.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:55 PM

Sniper,

I was told you have to become a resident on whatever country you wanna switch to. Like an official gov't resident. Basically damn near impossible.
Closed Thread