Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Just got paid.

Hilarious video. I bet he rehearsed those statements about 20 times in front of the bathroom mirror before going down there.

Mark, feel to free to point out where I "lied" or "exaggerated".

Did I ever accuse you of cheating? No, I didn't. Did I say that people need to examine the hand histories in that now-infamous heads up match? Yes, I did. And I would be a fool not to say that, given the fact that AP has admitted that their high limit players were cheated out of over a million dollars BY ONE OF THE SITE'S FOUNDERS. Any suspect session needs to be examined and evaluated at this point.

Let's look at this again.

One of the OWNERS/FOUNDERS of AP was implicated in cheating by viewing hole cards, and AP now admits this.

You are at the very least the "face" and marquee spokesman of AP. Your affiliation with AP may even run deeper than that.

There was an accusation against you of knowing the hole cards in a particular session in February, 2006 -- WAY before anyone realistically believed this was possible on AP.

Now that it has been proven that hole cards WERE VIEWED on the site, how can you think it is "unfair" that people would like your session with stuckinpgh re-examined?

I'm trying to figure out your logic here, in how you are calling yourself the victim and casting me as the villain.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:38 PM

Both whois and D&B list Debbie Ladd as Manager of Sunrise Children's Foundation. Classified as Business Consulting Services (another profile confirms nonprof status) with 2007 Net Sales of $110,000, and a total of two employees. Address in the BIP is 160 Emery St. Pahrump, Nevada.

Boring stuff. The more I've seen the more I've realized AP is extremely incompetent, but not very corrupt.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: F AP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mark Seif says (11:03 PM):
yes because the guy i played against and his stupid lying friend made posts on a forum that i cheated them

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment speaks a great deal to Mr. Seif's character as well as his comments about Dan Druff. I understand that this is a tough spot for him, but name-calling and antagonizing are not productive, espcially given that he is a spokesman for an embroiled company.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh please.

this poor bloke, if he is innocent (and there's no evidence to doubt that) is entirely justified in what he says here.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the fact that he was coincidentally accused of cheating in the exact same way, on the exact same site as a group of cheating owners is completely irrelevent? It's also irrelevent that they refuse to give the hand histories of that session? There is no chance at all that those hands have been permanently deleted. Surely they have been archived and a regular support person doesn't have instant access but there's about a one in a million chance they are gone.

Also, his actions speak volumes. His only defense is saying non-stop that he's going to sue. Guilty people do that. He also doesn't exactly seem shocked since the allegations proved true. He sure hasn't changed his attitude, tactics or affiliations with the site.

As far as I'm concerned he should have quit the site immediately, apologized to the people HE DEFAMED and insulted, apologized to the poker community in general and answered questions and helped to find out who cheated and who owns the site.

Without doing anything to help and with his attitude, he may not be guilty of cheating for sure but he's certainly not beyond reproach. And due to his actions and the way he's treated people, he's the last person I'd ever feel sorry for. And if he's too stupid to set things straight very quickly he's going to pay the price for the rest of his life and the fact of the matter is that the real person defaming him and making him look bad is Mark Seif.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT...mostly.

gg

(I have been banned for a day for obvious reasons

gg)

gg
Old 10-26-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: F AP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mark Seif says (11:03 PM):
yes because the guy i played against and his stupid lying friend made posts on a forum that i cheated them

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment speaks a great deal to Mr. Seif's character as well as his comments about Dan Druff. I understand that this is a tough spot for him, but name-calling and antagonizing are not productive, espcially given that he is a spokesman for an embroiled company.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark Seif's effectiveness as a spokesman is a perfect match to AP's effectiveness at internal security.

And his outrage at being dragged into the cheating scandal is galling: did he really not understand that by standing as a poker site's public face, he was saying to the world, "this site is honest and you will get a fair game, I stake my reputation on it!"?

Why Seif hasn't quit and issued a blistering statement about the actions of his employer, I can't guess. I suppose he had hoped to at least demonstrate his innocence re the 2006 session, but now that AP can't help him there, what can he possibly gain by staying?

-pyg

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if he quit they would release the hands.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Mark is the only one in poker who can't clearly see cheating in the POTRIPPER tournament re-enactment, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark KNEW the POTRIPPER tournament was a joke as soon as he saw the replay.

His carefully crafted words about it makes it painfully obvious he has no personal integrity.

A "stand up guy" would make sure everyone else knows that he knows it was rigged.

A "stand up guy" would NOT try to confuse the situation by making minimalist and misleading statements.

He's a joke.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I know some people aren't going to believe the HHs don't exist anymore for Seif-gate. However, the story from AP support that they don't have the hand history from 2006 fits what I've been told before.

Basically I had a partial tournament HH on my local hard drive and wanted to retrieve the rest of my hands. With the partial HH I had access to the tourney ID and some hands from the tourney -- so it was possible to easily identify the tournament, date, etc. Unfortunately, it was about 2.5 months after the tourney when I finally got around for asking for the rest of the history. After going a few rounds with the support staff, the final answer was they didn't keep the hand histories that long.

So, I wouldn't try to read anything into the inability to retrieve the Feb 2006 hand histories from Seif-gate other than the sillyness in purging hand histories so quickly. I can only hope that in the interest of future audits and such that they'll keep the hand histories longer in the future.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, first post [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You know I think all this hand history beinig stuff is pretty damming. As I understand it AP don't automatically store you HH on your machine (assumming it is the same as Ultimate Bet).

Any site interested in preventing cheating/fraud would be storing the HH for as long as possible. The costs are negligible, laughably small compared to the profits poker sites make.

If they are systemically destorying hand historys than that is negligent, bordering on criminally negligent, in my opinion.

If they don't have the histories then they should be reimbursing any player who has lost money at the site because in my opinion. The onus is on the site to detect fraud, and if they have destroyed the evidence to detect fraud then the site should cough up!

It might teach them to be more careful in future!!

Further to that I will be contacting all the sites I play at and if they don't have all my hand histories from day 1 one then I will be closing my account.

I suggest other player do the same, that way the sites which don't care about security will hopefully go out of business.

By the way I would like to a big thank you to the guys who discovered this fraud, it seems the only way you can get justice these days is when the people take action.

Long live the internet!!
Old 10-27-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

Absolute Poker
For Immediate Release

Absolute Poker is proud to announce its upcoming Charity Tournament Series November 10th through November 14th. The series will feature five No Limit Holdem’ Tournaments culminating in the $200,000 Guarantee Main Event hosted by Absolute Poker Spokesman Mark Seif. Absolute Poker will first double and then donate all of the proceeds from the series to the Sunrise Children’s Foundation. In addition to the guaranteed prize money Absolute Poker will also pay a bounty to the players fortunate enough to eliminate Mark Seif, POTRIPPER, or DOUBLEDRAG from any tournament in the series.

We hope you’ll join us to raise money for such a worthy cause.

Absolute Poker – “You can trust us because we say so”
Old 10-27-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hilarious video. I bet he rehearsed those statements about 20 times in front of the bathroom mirror before going down there.

Did I ever accuse you of cheating? No, I didn't. Did I say that people need to examine the hand histories in that now-infamous heads up match? Yes, I did. And I would be a fool not to say that, given the fact that AP has admitted that their high limit players were cheated out of over a million dollars BY ONE OF THE SITE'S FOUNDERS. Any suspect session needs to be examined and evaluated at this point.

One of the OWNERS/FOUNDERS of AP was implicated in cheating by viewing hole cards, and AP now admits this.

You are at the very least the "face" and marquee spokesman of AP. Your affiliation with AP may even run deeper than that.

There was an accusation against you of knowing the hole cards in a particular session in February, 2006 -- WAY before anyone realistically believed this was possible on AP.

Now that it has been proven that hole cards WERE VIEWED on the site, how can you think it is "unfair" that people would like your session with stuckinpgh re-examined?

I'm trying to figure out your logic here, in how you are calling yourself the victim and casting me as the villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, let's figure out the logic. While lacking proof, his actions are completely consistent with being guilty. Him sending information to be leaked to the forum and prompting that it be published when it didn't happen is consistent with the 'feelers' that have been sent from Absolute for a week. This particular 'feeler' can be interpreted as:
- How far do you want us to go? Is it okay to say that we don't have them ole hand histories any more?

This in turn is very consistent with other 'feelers', like
the fabulous " Is it okay if we blame a nerd?" that started the circus of last weekend.

So far there has been nothing to break this consistent pattern. There is no proof, but yet every reason to beleive that Absolute are still negotiating. They are abusing the reactions in the forums to test how far they need to go, and sadly enough, people are playing along in this game.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
While lacking proof, his actions are completely consistent with being guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]
sigh
Old 10-27-2007, 12:59 AM

agree to sigh