Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 06:22 PM

Default I\'m Famous!

hells yes i am in the video! like 8 minutes in and top window!!! three seats to the right
Old 08-29-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: ***Video*** NL25 on Stars 2 tables...

are you riffling chips in the background??? i do that too
Old 08-29-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice video and thanks for taking the trouble. I particularly liked your 3betting strategy, I def. need to do this more. I especially liked how calm you were after getting stacked twice with your TT and JJ, if that had happened to me something would get broken for sure!

I play 25nl a fair bit and find that anywhere between 15/10 and 18/14 gives a nice regular winrate, anything higher and I find the swings get wilder and wilder. As a not-so-experienced player, I find that I tilt pretty easy, my biggest downswing was when I was experimenting around 21/16.

Do you feel that you need to have a really good feel for marginal spots before playing as loose as you did in the video, or is it really a case of more aggression always = more bucks. How loose is too loose?

I guess my point is, would you recommend that the average NL25 player copy your style?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say some of the suited connectors I played probably should be folded for the most part, and I wouldn't play your draws as fast as I like to when OOP. Other then that I'd say aggression is going to win long term for you. If I was coaching you to play I would teach you to play this way, which is why I made the video like that. Sure I could've played ABC and that would be great for new player, but I have to think if you're taking the time to watch my silly little video then you know basics and can handle a little varience in your game. If you are going to try to play a little looser in general and widen your 3 betting standards I would suggest setting a 3 buy in stop loss until you feel totally confortable with this "style".

Tilt control is a big deal and something I have a very good grasp of now. Its very understandable to lose a few buy ins quickly and feel like the world is ending. I can assure you though that if I was playing my regular level and I was losing it wouldn't affect my play. We all want to play poker well and make money doing it. However I didn't start to really win consistantly until I was able to disconnect myself for the money and just play how I believe.

Btw how loose is too loose? I think you'll know when you've reached that point.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you riffling chips in the background??? i do that too

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the sound of riffling chips to be very soothing. I also shuffle a deck of KEM's theres nothing like that sound.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:11 PM

So Sky, you basically just like to take control of every hand you get involved in right? I noticed you virtually never limped, even behind other limpers. I tried playing much more aggressive today, more postflop and found that it definitely made decisions easier and I'm sure I won some pots that I wouldn't have if I was just check/calling, callind down, etc.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So Sky, you basically just like to take control of every hand you get involved in right? I noticed you virtually never limped, even behind other limpers. I tried playing much more aggressive today, more postflop and found that it definitely made decisions easier and I'm sure I won some pots that I wouldn't have if I was just check/calling, callind down, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel that most people will shy away when facing resistance. That is why I like to establish myself as the one who going to control the pace of the hand.

Sounds like the video may have helped you out. Good luck at the tables I hope you do well.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:20 PM

Thanks a lot, I really enjoyed the video.

3 betting more often like you do in the video is really something I need to be doing more often.

Overall I think the video helped a lot and I would love to see more videos from you.

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:19 PM

Great video Sky. Especially liked 3 betting part which i have to work on. So from now on i'm 3 betting sc in lp as crazy [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] What about pp. Do you just call a raise with them, hoping for a favourable flop (not necessary a set) or do you 3 bet them too and take control (asuming villain is sth like 15vpip, 5pfr)?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:33 PM

Thank you very much Sky, finally a video showing what I'm trying to incorporate into my own game. I'm tired of watching videos of players doing nothing but "fit or fold" ABC poker. I believe most of us already know how to play tight "fit or fold", but you my friend show us how to change our game in a way I never could gather the guts to do, and wasn't sure if it was correct. When I used to try playing as you do it would usually blow up on me and backfire, but I wouldn't stick with it. Watching your video made me realize that you have to take shots, be super aggressive and sometimes decide to follow all the way through with the hand, whether I'm ahead or not sometimes. The 3x betting you do is great, much better than the weak calling I used to do. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I usually play .10/.25 but decided to move down to .05/.10 and try playing as you did on the video, and I'm playing your style and winning many pots with nada, ziltch, nothing but air. This is all happening by raising with hands I always used to limp behind with and then check and fold my whiffs on flop.

At this level I used to think it was correct to limp in with position and hope for a miracle flop. Now I realize it's better to pop it up and isolate 1 or 2 players expecting to use my post flop skill to take down the pot, after all this isn't limit poker, so my new rule is "no limping allowed" LOL!

By raising, I'm able to take charge of the hand with ease on the flop, using your philosophy that people don't like to face resistance and shy away from it. I'm amazed at the results. This does get addictive though and I found myself raising over 20% at one point deep into a session, guess I have to keep it under control somewhat, LOL!!!

Thanks for instantly making me a better, more aggressive player, you've changed my NL cash game play instantly!!
Old 09-05-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you very much Sky, finally a video showing what I'm trying to incorporate into my own game. I'm tired of watching videos of players doing nothing but "fit or fold" ABC poker. I believe most of us already know how to play tight "fit or fold", but you my friend show us how to change our game in a way I never could gather the guts to do, and wasn't sure if it was correct. When I used to try playing as you do it would usually blow up on me and backfire, but I wouldn't stick with it. Watching your video made me realize that you have to take shots, be super aggressive and sometimes decide to follow all the way through with the hand, whether I'm ahead or not sometimes. The 3x betting you do is great, much better than the weak calling I used to do. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I usually play .10/.25 but decided to move down to .05/.10 and try playing as you did on the video, and I'm playing your style and winning many pots with nada, ziltch, nothing but air. This is all happening by raising with hands I always used to limp behind with and then check and fold my whiffs on flop.

At this level I used to think it was correct to limp in with position and hope for a miracle flop. Now I realize it's better to pop it up and isolate 1 or 2 players expecting to use my post flop skill to take down the pot, after all this isn't limit poker, so my new rule is "no limping allowed" LOL!

By raising, I'm able to take charge of the hand with ease on the flop, using your philosophy that people don't like to face resistance and shy away from it. I'm amazed at the results. This does get addictive though and I found myself raising over 20% at one point deep into a session, guess I have to keep it under control somewhat, LOL!!!

Thanks for instantly making me a better, more aggressive player, you've changed my NL cash game play instantly!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for watching I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hit me up on AIM anytime if you have a hand for me too look at. I use the same name as on here skydancing8