Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 10:05 PM

Default OT: live sng thoughts(kind of stupid )

In live sngs most players play terrible at the bubble and this is especially true if you have been active. They wil mutter "allin, allin, allin everytime" or something like that and spite call off their chips with hands JT 44 etc. My question is what are some techniques of keeping the other players from getting angry. Should I be talking the whole game and laughing a lot...should I be flipping over my strong hands after i push and everyone folds...one thing i do alot when i get a walk in the BB is say "dam KK". All of this may sound really stupid but all the little things will help making a guy fold a close hand.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: OT: live sng thoughts(kind of stupid )

where are you playing live sngs? and what buyins? im curious cause i wanna play some

anyways, id probably just push slightly less. if you think your Co push online is +.5% take it, but live fold. just give yourself a cushion if your image is bad. if your image is good im guessing you can probably push more than you could online too.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:02 PM

hollywood hard rock in FL. 140, 250,520,1050 only poker worth playing in the state that I know of.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:07 PM

whats the rake? and then are you supposed to tip addtionally if you win? i would love to be able to play those all day, im sick of live
Old 04-17-2007, 11:37 PM

I don't have any advice for you, the brick and mortar forum may be more helpful. I'll leave this here for now, but let me know if you want it moved to the B&M forum.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:51 PM

Ya i would have a really hard time playing live esp when you push from the sb with 23o and suck out on kk. Everyone at the table is in shock saying look at this idiot. It would be really hard dealing with people pissed at you all day.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:24 PM

thats exactly what im saying space once you suckout its like you have a [censored] bounty to knock you out. move to b&m i guess.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:35 PM

I'm convinced there's nothing you can do about people hating you for playing correctly. I'm generally fairly likable in person (at least not highly visible as a jerk) but after two or three pots going limp, limp, limp, limp, complete, I shove from the BB, people hate me. At that point it won't matter because if everything has gone according to plan, I have half the chips in play. If you talk, someone gets mad for distracting them. If you keep quiet, someone thinks you're creepy. If you shove and show a big hand, someone thinks you're showing them up. If you fold without showing, someone else thinks you've bluffed them. There's no way to win that battle. Just be a jerk and pwn.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya i would have a really hard time playing live esp when you push from the sb with 23o and suck out on kk. Everyone at the table is in shock saying look at this idiot. It would be really hard dealing with people pissed at you all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a fun live pushbot trick. The fake looking at your cards. I usually do it when I identify an ATC push spot. Cup hands over cards, pretend to look, but don't look. People love to "get reads" on maniacal-looking players. I'm sure they can't tell what's what when they're trying to see into my soul when I've got not a clue what my hand is.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:18 PM

I HAVE to do the pretend to look thing live when I have an ATC push. If I actually look and see something like 83o I'm very likely to make a face, and I'm also fairly likely to decide to fold it even though it's a clear push.