Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:38 PM

Default A thought on absolute

Been following the scandal since the early stages and while I read nearly all of the first few weeks of posts on this subject at 2+2, I will admit I haven't read them all recently so sorry if this has been brought up before.

My general view is that there are currently 3 views on the Absolute situation. The trusting fool, the accepting fool and everyone else. Basically the trusting fool is the one who believes that Absolute will/has fixed the problem and that it will end there. Hard to change those people's minds as they enjoy turning the other cheek.

The accepting fool is who I am making my main point about. They are the ones who accept the possibility of cheating yet will continue to play at Absolute in order to take advantage of now softer fields.

Everyone else, for now anyways, basically says [censored] absolute I will never play there again.

The problem with player there because of weaker fields is that this advantage will disappear quickly and you will soon find yourself making less money: Say you make twice as much because of the new softer play and lets say that Mr. Scott is taking 10% of you because he is now being more careful. However making twice as much will not last - in fact I would suspect it would dissipate very quickly due to A) Newbs getting better at their game, B) New players coming to the site who somehow aren't aware of the scandal and C) Others slowly reneging on their boycott pacts. Let's at a rate of decline of profits back to the "norm" of 15% per month. Very quickly you'll be making as much as you would at other sites while still pay a rake back to Mr. Scott. Long term you'll lose overall by playing there.

Cliff notes:

Even though tables are softer at Absolute now, they will soon return to normal and you will still have the cheating to deal with.

Conclusion: Don't play at Absolute in the long run - it'll cost you.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: A thought on absolute

tl;dr
Old 11-13-2007, 01:43 PM

so ur saying that "mr. scott" is still cheating on there now? ur funny
Old 11-13-2007, 01:44 PM

Thanks for starting another thread and stating the obvious!

TL;still read;crying on the inside;
Closed Thread