Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 04:49 PM

Default 1knl: looks like a chop.. still go all in?

Never seen villain before and its football season so lets assume hes not very good. I had been half watching the table before I sat for like 30 minutes and villains stack went from like 3300 to 1500 pretty quickly but I'm not sure how.

Anyways its 4 handed 1k effective
Villain opens utg to 45, button calls, SB calls, I call in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Checks around

turn is 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]... checks around.

River is a 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], sb checks, I bet 178 which is pot, and villain min raises.

Shove for value against a 4, or call fearing the occasional QQQ or 4444
Old 09-20-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: 1knl: looks like a chop.. still go all in?

wow hmm, i would shove because you will see AQ/KK+ here more often than QQQQ 4444
Old 09-20-2007, 05:32 PM

1) I don't like your initial river bet. Betting full pot here is supposed to do what? You're folding out naked Q's and flushes way too easily with this bet.

2) Might look like a chop, but upon 2nd look, doubtful it is one. Villain would have had to raise 4.5 BB UTG with a hand including a single 7. Not likely.

3) Question really isn't whether or not he has QQ or quad 4's, question is more as to whether or not there's value in a shove. He's probably not min C/R'ing a nonsense hand, but if he is and has KK/AQ/a flush, can he call? Doesn't seem to be value in raising here.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:59 PM

Looks more like a bluff than a chop to me.He is almost never checking the flop and turn with 44 and QQ.
Can't imagine you are beat and i don't think you'll be called, so shove just in case he decides you are rebluffing with A high or whatever.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:20 PM

this type of villain has a 4 here like 80%. shove and pray he calls.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) I don't like your initial river bet. Betting full pot here is supposed to do what? You're folding out naked Q's and flushes way too easily with this bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting pot here I'm more likely to be bluffing than making like a $120-$140 bet. The fish in the hand is going to call 180 if hes calling 140, and none of the other players are ever going to call because they know how to play and wouldn't check flop and turn with anything reasonable.

I decided to shove and the villain called. We chopped it up he had 75cc. I think because he had 75 here he can also have a 4 so I happened to make the right play, however I didn't know that at the time.